GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where is the GameCube demo disc!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/03/03 at 21:06
Regular
Why can't Nintendo start making demo disc's! Sony do, Microsoft do, just because it is a differant sized disc, doesn't mean it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a demo disc for the official mag!
Sun 16/03/03 at 18:38
Regular
Nintendo find most annoying:

Piracy.
Companes stealing their ideas.
Sun 16/03/03 at 18:30
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Renting a game is alright, but you have to take it back after a few days. Demo's give the player a taste of the whole game, if they don't like it then they won't buy it. Just saves the hassle of buying a game, finding out that its crap and taking it back, when you could just play the demo.

Only like a 1 level demo, or a timed one. Anything.
Sun 16/03/03 at 18:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Prinlge28, thats like saying watching football is like paying it.
Sun 16/03/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Festivus!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> however there so many dvds and videos
> that come free with magazines showing in game footage! this is
> practically playing the game!

If you buy games for there graphics that is.
Sun 16/03/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Nintendo are such hypocrits! They say that giving away demo disks would ruin the experiance of the real game and that they dont want you to see the unfinished version! however there so many dvds and videos that come free with magazines showing in game footage! this is practically playing the game! why they cant just let us have a feel of the controls for it i dont know. so all that B*llsh*t about showing people unfinished games is rubbish cos they already do!!
Sun 16/03/03 at 16:41
Regular
OK
Nintendo official magasine are trying to convince Nintendo to give away demo disks but Nintendo just arent happy giving them away!
Sun 16/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mr No Name wrote:
> how about non playable demo's, that would be a start

These allready exist, they appear occasionally in NGC and every issue in the poor mag, Gforce, which people buy for the DVD on the front...
Sun 16/03/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
how about non playable demo's, that would be a start
Sun 16/03/03 at 13:14
Regular
demos put a lot of people off games as well as making them buy them so is there much point?
Sun 16/03/03 at 10:38
Regular
Demo discs would be a major major improvement to the console, Reading reviews and looking at Screenshots may not all ways make you want to get a game. People need a feel of it, See if they like it, instead of forking out £40 for a crap game...

Xbox owners get demo discs (in OXM) and so does PS2, So why not Gamecube? Nintendo say they are reluctant to releasing demo versions of games, because it'd spoil the experiance or something? Well they don't hvae to put a huge chunk of the game in the demo, For example in Mario Sunshine they could just include one of the levels such as the "petey pirranah" (sp?) level. That'd give a feel to the game in itself, and its only one level! Or even third party games like Super Monkey Ball, They could just put in One or Two levels to try out.

It'd be cool to have demo discs, The magazine could even include videos of upcoming games on the disc, And you know the "reader challenges", some people send in video evidence? Slap it on the disc.

We want demo discs!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.