GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"images being downloaded"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/09/11 at 16:27
Regular
Is there a way of preventing others from downloading our images?
or do we have to watermark each image and can this be done by batch or individually in the edit website?
Fri 30/09/11 at 21:42
Regular
Ha Like it never thought of that ! may just give it a try just for a laugh ! will keep you posted. :-)
Fri 30/09/11 at 15:23
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
I've just tried to document the watermarking script I used.
If it makes the FKB I'll add a link :¬)

For those interested here's my FKB article for Protecting website images with an automatic watermark :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 28/09/11 at 21:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Dograt wrote:
I have had a number of pics pinched from my site, I know this as I took the photo, one chap was good enough to credit me with the photo and link it to the my site, he was unaware his web guy had nicked my pic, another chap pinched 6 pics and after 5 emails and a couple of phone calls he has still not taken them down but heh ho.

I now go by the rule if you put it up someone WILL use it !

If you've been calling them, I presume they are in the UK. Send him an invoice. :-)
Wed 28/09/11 at 20:26
Regular
I have had a number of pics pinched from my site, I know this as I took the photo, one chap was good enough to credit me with the photo and link it to the my site, he was unaware his web guy had nicked my pic, another chap pinched 6 pics and after 5 emails and a couple of phone calls he has still not taken them down but heh ho.

I now go by the rule if you put it up someone WILL use it !
Wed 28/09/11 at 15:44
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
...When I've got a minute I'm intending to add a FKB* item :¬)

*Freeola Knowledge Base

I've just tried to document the watermarking script I used.
If it makes the FKB I'll add a link :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 23/09/11 at 22:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hannard wrote:
Watermarking is the only option. No matter what javascript/right click disabling cobblers you put in, anyone can use print screen to paste the screen to their clipboard and then paste it into Photoshop/paint etc.

Think you'll already find that 'this' has been mentioned earlier :¬)
Fri 23/09/11 at 19:15
Regular
"Braaains"
Watermarking is the only option. No matter what javascript/right click disabling cobblers you put in, anyone can use print screen to paste the screen to their clipboard and then paste it into Photoshop/paint etc.
Fri 23/09/11 at 08:56
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:

I hope we haven't scared the original poster off!

No probs Hmmm, it was fun to try :¬) Let's hope that the original poster has gained something from our antics :¬D
Fri 23/09/11 at 08:35
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for trying :¬)

I guess if the watermark is intrusive enough (and large enough) then it will put most off - or leave a badly patched up graphic if people try to remove it.

As for cropping - if you were serious about attempting to protect your images you would have to put the watermark centrally over the original.

As much as anything the script I'm using may just be a good way to 'brand' your work with a logo etc. without having to change each original which could be useful for some.

I hope we haven't scared the original poster off!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 22/09/11 at 19:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
No probs Hmmm .... tea sorted, hand-made moussaka and roasted vegetables...and a bottle of red wine ... does take a bit of time though :¬)

The 'ponies' have won, or rather PhotoPlus8 has failed! The car was easy as the 'bumper' is a large area but fence, wire, background and pony's hair (not to mention the hand) were just too much :¬(

But 'cropping' the picture would give an acceptable image due to the position and 'non transparent' nature of the 'watermark/logo'.

I'll leave watermark removal to CS5 :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.