GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHO HAS THE BEST GRAPCHICS X BOX, GAMECUBE,OR PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 16:12
Regular
which has the the best graphics pas2,xbox and gamecube how many bit are they
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:12
which has the the best graphics pas2,xbox and gamecube how many bit are they
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:21
Regular
All I can say about graphics is that the gamecube and X-box have anti-aliasing while the PS2 hasn't and the xbox has the largest figure in terms of polygon performance of about 125 million polygons per second but there many factors that determine whether a console has the best graphics, I think the X box has the best graphics as its the most powerful of the three next generation consoles.
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
They are all 128 bit. All are just about graphically equal.
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:33
Regular
"  "
Consoles don't have anti-aliasing....games do....its up to games producers whether they anti-aliase thier games but they realise if they do they will risk slowing the game down...

Graphically x-box should have the best graphics.....but from the videos i've seen i've been very dissapointed...the graphics are PC like....so.....i would say from what i seen PS2 is better.
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:36
Regular
Natbuc wrote:
> Consoles don't have anti-aliasing....games do....its up to games producers
> whether they anti-aliase thier games but they realise if they do they will risk
> slowing the game down...

But consoles do have to be capable of doing this and from reading PS2 mags it seems it is very hard for developers to this on the PS2 than on the Gamecube and the X box.
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:42
Regular
"  "
Yeah thats it....what r trying to say is xbox n gamecube can run antialiased games without to much slow down?
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:46
Regular
Yes, thats what I'm trying to say.
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:33
X-Box claims to have the best graphics but it is more down to the developer. On PS2 you get some rubbish graphics such as Arctic Thunder then you have the likes of MGS2 and GT3 with stunning graphics so the games developer affects the performance of the console. It is not all down to graphics anyway - games are more important. X-Box graphics will be slightly better yeah but PS2 has the better games due to the support from developers cus the brand is worldwide known and has a huge amount of users therefore ensuring the developers more profit. PS2 anyday!
Wed 19/12/01 at 18:35
Regular
"Bah"
2 true
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
your comparing 3 diffrent systems with different hardware features and no the game don't have anti aliasing it's a hardware thing this is seen best on GT2 on bleemcast as the DC has it but the PS1 didn't that why it looked better

i had to clear that up

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.