GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The solution to short games is..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 15:52
Regular
... don't play them through in one sitting. It amazes me the amount of people that complain they finished a game in a weekend, surely that's your own fault? If you sit down and play the game for seven hours straight, you're bound to ruin it.

Play games like me - play maybe one or two hours at a time, put it down and come back to it another time. It lasts longer and keeps the experience fresh. I still haven't completed Onimusha, ZOE or Devil May Cry and they are all 'short' games. Monkeys.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:27
Regular
"The GAD Realm"
That's very true Mr.Snuggly, but games become so addictive, no matter how short they are - I just can't help sitting and playing Onimusha all day.

I'm not sure, but I think that Klonoa 2 is probably the shortest game there is at the moment for the PS2. It only has 5 hours of gaming, I believe.

Thanks,

Shadow Demon
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:22
Aww... i thought this was a how to finish short games thread.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:20
Regular
"  "
I knew someone who wouldn't go to bed until he completed dino crisis....sad sad boy.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:20
Regular
"I confused?"
Yeah ggo thought snuggly, It took me about a month to complete MGS coz i din't play on it all the time. And if you play on a game for ages at one time then you rarely want to play it after wards for along time.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:17
Regular
"I like cheese"
This is very true.

I find people saying they completed it in 3 hours on one day, and I'm thinking, "Who plays a game for 3 hours in a row!?"

MGS was short. That took me quite a long time, as I played it in 30-minute stints. The same goes for Red Faction, which lasted even longer.
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:50
Regular
"  "
Jak and daxter....i got it...played it about an hour each day...completed it with all power cells in 11hours....so spreading it out doesn't work...good advice snuggly......actually what i mean is...if a games short....its short...and usually good beecause the producer can spend time on that one samll part rather than long bits....with the exception of Final Fantasies.
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:44
Regular
If you hadn't of said that i would never of known... for a few minutes at least.
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:37
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
By the way, well done on your GAD!
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:32
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:

Crap long games rock! :)

really well i have an awsome idea for a game.

You know the stairwell in Mario 64 where you can keep going forever and never get anywhere?

There you go.
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:28
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Don't play games on easy mode. It improves the lastability, and makes them far more satisfying to beat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.