GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UNCOVERED Game-A-Day Fake!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 13:21
Regular
Being quite keen to make sure my hard earned cash isn't wasted on below standard games, There are a few review sites which I will visit before making a purchase from special reserve. One of these sites being situated in the US. Imagine my dismay at finding one reviewer here cutting and pasting the reviews from that website directly to this website without even changing a word.
The culprit:

TRIPLE_H.

Checkout some of the reviews such as Baldurs Gate or Jak and Daxter.
This is obviously a ploy to flood the site with as many reviews as possible (written by proffesional reviewers I might add) to see if he/she can sneak off with a couple of free games.
Well, you've been rumbled!! You should hold your head in shame.
C'mon put your OWN words in the review and give us all a chance.
Wed 19/12/01 at 23:49
Regular
"You Bum!!"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> I think it is a fact that SOMEONE USING TRIPLE_H's ACCOUNT has copied the
> reviews. The reason:

1) If it were the website copying triple h then the web
> site would copy more games from sr, and someone would have pointed this
> out.

2) I find it highly unlikely that the person writting the reviews on the
> website is triple_h or one of his friends/family.

So, that means it was
> copied to SR, but it DOES NOT mean it was Triple_H. A few questiosn
> though:

1) Did Triple_H ever win from any of these copied reviews? If so,
> surely he'd have seen that he won for a review of XYZ, and relised that he'd
> never written such a review.

2) Ok, I hardly ever do it, but do you click on
> your stats tab often Triple_H? If so, surely you'd have seen some extra
> reviews.

I'd guess the answer to question 2 would be no... but what about
> question 1?

Anyway, I don't think there's anything we can do now.

Sonic

No I havnt won for any of the copied reviews. I am positive about that because the last time I won was for the Bloody Roar 3 review.Since then Ive won once and that was a discussion post about PS2's success
Wed 19/12/01 at 23:44
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I think it is a fact that SOMEONE USING TRIPLE_H's ACCOUNT has copied the reviews. The reason:

1) If it were the website copying triple h then the web site would copy more games from sr, and someone would have pointed this out.

2) I find it highly unlikely that the person writting the reviews on the website is triple_h or one of his friends/family.

So, that means it was copied to SR, but it DOES NOT mean it was Triple_H. A few questiosn though:

1) Did Triple_H ever win from any of these copied reviews? If so, surely he'd have seen that he won for a review of XYZ, and relised that he'd never written such a review.

2) Ok, I hardly ever do it, but do you click on your stats tab often Triple_H? If so, surely you'd have seen some extra reviews.

I'd guess the answer to question 2 would be no... but what about question 1?

Anyway, I don't think there's anything we can do now.

Sonic
Wed 19/12/01 at 23:30
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Cheers Dringo....Wonder if SR see it from the same perspective as you do
Wed 19/12/01 at 23:30
Regular
P.S. Dringo is always right.
Wed 19/12/01 at 23:25
Regular
Been in trouble at dooyoo for mates doing the same.

I eblive him not that i care they didn't win so who cares? we get extra smart reviews in the reviews section.

Why do we care... WE DON'T.

We just like seeing people in trouble its the same at school someone does something bad is cool but getting caught is cooler.

It's a disgrace poor old Triple-H i feel for you mate as a persn who has also been accused of something i never did and can't prove (second notable election simon voted Dringo he didn't because my brother did wheres the proof?) also i was accused of being other people at the last electio EVERYONE who accused me of this including good friend Bonus i am terribly asshamed of and will never trust again.

Now to IGN.com to copy more reviews.

Dringo.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:25
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Listen I have told everyone the truth and unfortunately I dont have any prove of my innocence.

I guess SR will either have to take my word for it or act on the evidence. Even though the evidenceis against me, I have not done anything wrong..
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:18
Honestly, I have NO idea how a review was copied from one site to the special reserve site under my name, honestly !
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:16
LAME !!!!

who said that !?!?
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:53
Regular
"WWJD"
Your right i don't believe you or do i? i don't know
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:44
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Now dont forget that didnt actually suggest that it was one of my family members. I dont have any brothers or sisters and noone else would go online for longer than 10 minutes.
I dont have a clue what happened but it seems to me that i have been set up even though most people willnot believe that..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.