GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evolution Soccer"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 11:41
Regular
i'm a little concerened about the hype that this game has been given.
in my opinion ISS Pro Evolution 2 is quite possibly the best football game i've played on the PS1.
i will be getting Pro Evo but could someone tell me if it actually lives up to the expectations it been given???
Thu 20/12/01 at 19:15
hmm....

... EEEEEEXCELLENT!!!
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:00
Regular
"You Bum!!"
call_me_Don wrote:

in the words of monty burns...

> EEEEEEEEXCELLENT!!!!

Yeah, that phrase is a classic no matter what anyone says. I always use that phrase. It is now known as one of my favourite quotes
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:54
cheers guys...
could be a good investment this year!!!
i look foward to putting becks to shame this xmas!

in the words of monty burns...
EEEEEEEEXCELLENT!!!!
Wed 19/12/01 at 16:21
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Pro Evo is fantastic! Follow your wise instincts and get it - NOW!
Wed 19/12/01 at 15:01
Thanks Pro Evo.

So you can't pause the game and watch a replay of the previous few seconds? Damn, that's a shame!

Thanks again

Mark
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:56
Regular
"360: swfcman"
1/ How long does it take/is it possible to edit player
> details to the correct names, where necessary? That goes for team and player
> names?

I dont think its possible, i cant do it anyway.

2/ How bad is the commentary? This is not major, even with FIFA the
> sound soon gets turned down, and a CD put on instead?

The commentry is bad, put a CD on instead.

3/ Menus etc, are they
> as bad as I've heard?

Bad?, little plain maybe, but is text suppose to be funky?

4/ Lack of a complete domestic league. Is this a big
> loss? What kind of league options/customisable leagues are there?

There are loads of competitions to choose from, a normal league only with international teams, a master league and all the usual cups, this will take a while to complete.

5/ Is there
> a 'career' mode? Do relegation and promotion come into play?

Yes, thats in the master league where you can buy players with the top european league teams.

6/ What kind of
> stats are there? I do like to see how many goals, cards my players have accrued
> during the season?

Yep, thats all in.

7/ How good are the replays? TIF2002 is the best I've
> seen, you get ages of replay, so you can track a move right from the
> beginning.

The replays are quite good, last quite long too, shame you cant access them when you want.

8/ Does the fact that it's on CD slow it down (gameplay, or
> loading times)

Nope, the loading is not bad at all, and the game plays as smooth and fast as any of the other games.

9/ Does any of the above matter, in comparison with the actual
> gameplay?

Nope, the gameplay is to die for, if you liked the others, you will love this!

Hope that helped!

Pro Evo
Wed 19/12/01 at 14:42
I'm getting Pro Evo 2 for Christmas. With all the hype about it, I've done well, I think, to wait until then!

I was until recently a FIFA fan, I'd seen and played demos of previous versions of ISS and was put off by the arcadey presentation, (GOAL!, THROW IN! GOAL KICK! etc plastered over the screen),and the lack of correct names etc. Yes I know that makes me shallow, but I was happy with the products that FIFA was offering ( Road to World Cup '98 was a massive leap forward for FIFA, I thought). But upon purchasing FIFA 2001 for the PS2, I realised I'd had enough. It was very poor. And although this years offering is apparently improved, with a 'new' passing system et al, I didn't trust EA anymore.

I bought This is Football 2002, and was very pleasantly surprised, a good game, but still not quite right. And I wasn't happy that although Port Vale, Huddersfield and Tranmere were included, QPR were omitted. If my beloved Superhoops had have been involved I might have pledged my loyalty there.

So now, finally I turn to Pro Evo 2. I'm nervous. It's like breaking up with a long term girlfriend, and then being set-up with a girl you've never met. I've seen photo's and she looks nice enough, I've heard lots of nice things about her, but there's still a niggling doubt in the back of my mind. 'Will I like her as much?'

I've heard a few worrying things about Pro Evo 2, that concern me slightly, and may spoil my enjoyment.

The gameplay, I am convinced, will be excellent. However,

1/ How long does it take/is it possible to edit player details to the correct names, where necessary? That goes for team and player names?

2/ How bad is the commentary? This is not major, even with FIFA the sound soon gets turned down, and a CD put on instead?

3/ Menus etc, are they as bad as I've heard?

4/ Lack of a complete domestic league. Is this a big loss? What kind of league options/customisable leagues are there?

5/ Is there a 'career' mode? Do relegation and promotion come into play?

6/ What kind of stats are there? I do like to see how many goals, cards my players have accrued during the season?

7/ How good are the replays? TIF2002 is the best I've seen, you get ages of replay, so you can track a move right from the beginning.

8/ Does the fact that it's on CD slow it down (gameplay, or loading times)

9/ Does any of the above matter, in comparison with the actual gameplay?

Sorry to drone on, please feel free to answer all/some of the questions. Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards

Mark
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:34
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Nothing is lost from Evo 2 in Pro Evo, everything is much the same only a lot better, you will have no regrets getting this game, trust me!
Wed 19/12/01 at 12:03
how about in multiplayer modes?
teaming up in the master league in ISS Pro Evo 2 on PS1 was a great laugh. you couls actually play some great football and pull of some quality moves.... anyone tell me??
Wed 19/12/01 at 12:00
Regular
yeh, what he said....

Anyway, much more realism added to this game. Realism that leads to frustation for some, for others adds to the truly amazing experience.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.