GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you aim in an FPS?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/12/01 at 00:23
Regular
What's your prefered method of inflicting death in your favourite shoot-em up? For Quake I get the rocket launcher and generally aim either at the gound in front of them or a wall next to them (opponents usually strafe, so a body shot is difficult). This is especially useful on levels with no edges. On Half-Life it has to be the submachine gun. The shotgun is good, but it hasn't got the accuracy I demand. For Unreal Tournament I find the sniper rifle is good. It's really handy when you use a mouse to play - more like a point and click adventure.
Tue 06/09/11 at 09:56
Regular
Some of these latest messages are a bit old, where are we riding tomorrow
Sat 03/09/11 at 20:02
Regular
Me and Bill will see you there !!
Sat 03/09/11 at 19:20
Regular
High st OK with me, Mark & Joe are also coming so I've no room to take anybody else.
Sat 03/09/11 at 17:46
Regular
I'm just waiting to hear from Pete / Bill, if they are not coming will also have space to give some one a lift
Sat 03/09/11 at 16:55
Regular
High Street sounds good to me. I have room for 1 in the van if anyone needs a lift. zero double 7 double 1 929827
Sat 03/09/11 at 15:17
The weather for the West Pennines looks good too :)

I'm waiting for my spy (Jon)to come back with info on whether or not a field has been cropped or not ;)
Cropped = detecting
Uncropped = MTB lol
Sat 03/09/11 at 14:55
Regular
I'm up for the high street ride, but would prefer to share lifts if possible. Can fit two others in car, or can jump in with someone else.

Cheers, Brian H.
Sat 03/09/11 at 14:17
Regular
For those with a shorter pass for tomorrow, Local ride from Hare and Hounds, route to be decided, maybe 3 peaks if we have the time. Meet at 8.30.
If your coming phone/text me on 07891 667 459
Sat 03/09/11 at 14:00
Regular
The weather forecast for tomorrow, looks even better, BBC website says Max 18 degrees, A largely dry start with variable amounts of cloud and some sunny spells. A few light showers possible through the afternoon, but most places staying dry.

I suggest we attempt this ride, anyone else up for it ??

Meet at Pay and Display Car Park in Pooley Bridge, M6 to J40, the follow A66 Towards Keswick, at First Roundabout Take A592 To Ulswater, after about 5miles turn left onto B5320 to Pooley Bridge, in Pooley Bridge turn right imediately after bridge over river into car park. I suggest we aim to get there for about 8.45 / 9am its about 1.5hrs from Preston

Cheers Si
Fri 02/09/11 at 18:46
Regular
At the moment it is looking promising for this ride, current weather shows it will be 17 degrees, Unsettled, with rain at times on Sunday, although the sattelite doesn't show any rain until sunday evening - Fingers Crossed.

If this ride goes ahead we will be starting from Pooley Bridge, about 10 mins from Junction 4O of the M6 (Penrith) - this gets the bit that is popular with walkers over early. The big climb is then half way through the ride.

More to follow tomorrow

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.