GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/11 at 18:22
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Due to lack of activity/active players, I have decided to finish the predictions and just change this into a place football can be discussed amongst those of us who follow the sport away from the general chat. I'll probably bring it back for EURO 2012 :)

Current Hot Topics:
A new season begins
Summer Transfers

Original Post:
Show Spoiler
Page:
Sun 01/01/12 at 20:09
Regular
I don't think you actually get what racism is
Sun 01/01/12 at 19:56
Regular
"How Ironic"
Report is a bit of a joke tbh. Seems they've attempted to disguise the lack of evidence that would call for such a lengthy ban. The decision won't be changed by appeal, best just accepting the ludicrous ban and moving on. Besides Suarez was called South American by Evra according to the report. Can't understand how that's any different to calling Evra black. El negro is the term Suarez used, and the report recognises the cultural difference as it is not a racist term. You can't say "oh but he's in this country so it's racist" because it's a basic spanish term. Most people including Evra are replacing it with the similar sounding english racial term, but Suarez did not say that. The report states that Suarez did not use the spanish term in malice. In other words, not racist. All lf what I've said is hidden in the 6 million page report. Seems guilty until proven innocent is the way it works.
Sun 01/01/12 at 16:04
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
The report on the Suarez case has been released. Still want to defend him, Chris? ;)

Pretty sad if you do by the way, his evidence was suspect, he couldnt get his story straight and even apparently changed it to match the video evidence.
Thu 22/12/11 at 21:17
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Alfonse wrote:
Are you guys actually being serious? Does it matter what context it was said in? Why would Suarez even need to mention Evra's race during a football match?

Exactly Alfonse ... but it's become a 'discussion' now :¬D
Thu 22/12/11 at 21:04
Regular
Are you guys actually being serious? Does it matter what context it was said in? Why would Suarez even need to mention Evra's race during a football match?
Thu 22/12/11 at 20:18
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
Lol it's on the basis that if Suarez can be found guilty on little evidence, John Terry has no chance. I have a feeling he'll get a lesser punishment though (less than 8 games ban, no game ban but a pointless fine).

TBH SC the case rests here:

Suarez has had his wrist slapped hard by the FA ... done finished, end of story. His use of a 'language' term, which is acceptable throughout South America, as are others which early settlers used to describe various multicultural couplings and which are still common within South America today, is at the heart of the so-called European response! Evra isn't 'French' perse ... just happened to have been born in an old French colony. If he had been born in South America, to similar parents, he would accept that is what he is! In fact, historically it is not a term of derision or 'finger-pointing' just that it identified parentage ie non Native! So Suarez, technically guilty here, but not there and Evra should have had a slap for 'playing the usual joker', because you're not telling me that he didn't know exactly what he was doing!

Terry, on the other hand, has had the wind taken out of his Essex sails because it has been taken up by a slightly higher authority than the FA! (They should have stepped in earlier) Now it is public and is going to cost me, WH, Hmmm, pb and your dad and thousands of others money! For what? The same action could have been sanctioned earlier by the FA, he would have paid from one week's salary and would nearly be back playing by now.

It's about time, the parents of 'mixed-race' footballers told their offspring to be thankful for what they've achieved and not to play the 'joker' card so flippantly!

Racial terms have only become used offensively as from the beginning of the 20th century.....probably indicating a developing lack of education/intelligence within the masses of the old Colony developing, mainly European nations....Spain, Portugal, Britain, Netherlands, France

....and Merry Christmas to ALL our readers :¬)
Thu 22/12/11 at 19:24
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I only realy meant that it was taken in a more offensive context there tbh. Evra = mad, Ferd = not bothered.

There were more than that who reported to the FA, so where they came from I don't know (although I am not saying it's the truth, as I wasn't there obviously :D )

He admitted to a racist comment, which is what he was punished for. I don't think it's that complicated, or that the FA have clearly punished without proof (as you seem to imply).

Regardless of how he meant it, it was admitted. Although talking to one of my colleagues here, who has some experience with the language, has made me realise that perhaps he does have a point saying it is not really offensive where he comes from.
Thu 22/12/11 at 18:25
Regular
"How Ironic"
Warhunt wrote:
Well in terms of physical proof there is more of it in Terry's case. He was caught on camera after all.

Find it funny though that you feel it will cause uproar Chris, seen as you yourself state context as a factor. Suarez was clearly (from suggestion) using a more offensive context than JT and Evra was angry enough to complain.

JT and Ferdinand have both said nothing was said that was meant as racially charged. (Note Ferd has said this himself) As far as we can tell, Ferd has been against any action from the very start, saying "it was just banter".

So context wise he should get a shorter ban.

Again though I'm completely fed up with him being an idiot. Everyone hates us enough without our talisman being a complete tool every other month... Ban him, then force him to sign a 'non-tool' agreement.

-------------------
EDIT: Where are you getting this 'little evidence' from. Officially, Evra has said he did, Suarez has admitted it, and just shy of a dozen witnesses (from both camps allegedly) have backed it up.

He did it, he got punished. There is no 'little evidence' debate IMO.

On the contrary, Kuyt and De Gea were the only players who stood forward in the case, nobody else from either camp was aware of any problem between the two during the match. Suarez admitted to one use of the word 'negro' against Evra. This is far different to Evra's claims of 10 accounts of racism throughout the match.

And I've seen nothing to suggest Suarez was 'using a more offensive context'.
Thu 22/12/11 at 17:47
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Well in terms of physical proof there is more of it in Terry's case. He was caught on camera after all.

Find it funny though that you feel it will cause uproar Chris, seen as you yourself state context as a factor. Suarez was clearly (from suggestion) using a more offensive context than JT and Evra was angry enough to complain.

JT and Ferdinand have both said nothing was said that was meant as racially charged. (Note Ferd has said this himself) As far as we can tell, Ferd has been against any action from the very start, saying "it was just banter".

So context wise he should get a shorter ban.

Again though I'm completely fed up with him being an idiot. Everyone hates us enough without our talisman being a complete tool every other month... Ban him, then force him to sign a 'non-tool' agreement.

-------------------
EDIT: Where are you getting this 'little evidence' from. Officially, Evra has said he did, Suarez has admitted it, and just shy of a dozen witnesses (from both camps allegedly) have backed it up.

He did it, he got punished. There is no 'little evidence' debate IMO.
Thu 22/12/11 at 17:43
Regular
"How Ironic"
Lol it's on the basis that if Suarez can be found guilty on little evidence, John Terry has no chance. I have a feeling he'll get a lesser punishment though (less than 8 games ban, no game ban but a pointless fine).
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.