GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo (what percent would you rate it out of 100?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/12/01 at 20:41
Regular
hi guys i might get it for christmas but just how good is it
i used to have Iss 98 for the n64, does it have that great arcade playability? what percent would you rate it out of 100 please let me know
thanks again
chris
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:17
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Pro Evolution soccer is the best football title I've ever played. The realism is mind-blowing and just the pace of the game keeps you coming back for more. Crowd chant common chants and just everything about the game is brilliant (putting aside the commentary).

Pro Evo gets a 98% from me - it's brilliant and you must get it!

PS: DO NOT...i repeat...DO NOT get Fifa 2002. You'll regret it for the rest of your gaming life!
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:28
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
id give it 91%

y? cause it is the best footy game on ps2, no, its the best footy game ever made. the only thing that lets it down is the commentry (but u can turn that off).

it dont have a full license either but thats hardly gonna spoil the game.

so go and get it NOW!
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:29
Regular
"360: swfcman"
As you can see, alot of people think the game is excellent, and im no different. Being a really big fan of the game i expected something big from this game other than just improved graphics, and that would be a hard thing to do with Evo 2 being such a great game itself. The first thing you will notice when you play on it, apart from the grpahics, is that the pitch seems so much bigger, meaning that play can be alot more passing based than ever before. With the AI just about perfect some great football can be created, whether your going to play like the counter attacking Liverpool or the full on atacking chelsea is totally up to you, but with the wide range of tactics available you can just about play like any team in the world.

The players act very real, making runs where there needed, and tiring after so much running, also human mistakes are more apparant, with the players sometimes miss controlling the ball, or tripping as they suddenly change there direction, on gameplay side the game is great.

The graphics are obviously great and lots of the players look superb and like there real life fellows, the game runs so smoothly too, and from a distance you could mistake it for the real thing.

There really is no better football game out, sure it does not have the nice to look at menu bars that Fifa holds, but the overall game is lots better than any other footie game out there.

I would give it 95%, there is still room for improvement.
Mon 17/12/01 at 22:56
I just played the new OPS2M demo of FIFA 2002. Haha. Well done EA on making this worse that FIFA 2001!
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:00
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
You can just tell how much Pro Evo loves the game, so if all that excrutiating detail about the game isn't enough head over to Ukreviews.com and see all the great reviews about it - and if that's still not enough, there's just no pleasing you.
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:05
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well i do try, but i must say, i love this game more than any i have ever played.
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:16
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I reviewed this and quite controversially went against what everyone else seems to think.

I'd only give it 82% or so. It's no-where near the 90%+ it's been receiving elsewhere.

Of-course that's just my opinion, and it seems everyone else loves it. I was just a little dissapointed after all the hype.
Mon 17/12/01 at 23:20
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
As i said earlier, there's just no pleasing some people!
Tue 18/12/01 at 00:20
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well this game is undoubtedly the best footie game ever to be out for the PS2 bu its got its problems as well.
When I first got the game, I didnt think it was good at all-I almost went back to ISS 1 on PSone (never liked ISS2) but after I got used to the game a little bit and played more games, I suddenly started to realize how brilliant it really is.

But unfortunately there is still a huge problem with that game- SHOOTING. Yes its just too different to the PSone games. You practivally cant press any directional button because the chances of the ball going towards your own goal are very very high....You can press the left or right directional button but shooting kinda feels a bit limited compared to the PSone games. YOu can scores some superb goals in this game but generally I dont think the shooting is brilliant.

Other than that, I cant really think of anything bad to say about this game. The graphics are fantastic and the ball control is better than in any other footie game. 90%
Tue 18/12/01 at 01:23
"High polygon count"
I don't own the game, but I've spent tonight playing it with three mates via a multitap. And I will be getting it soon-ish.

I'd give it around 92%. It's by far the best simulation of The Beautiful Game on any system - it's perfectly balanced in terms of gameplay, and leaves FIFA standing.

But the presentation lacks in a lot of areas. The commentary is dull, emotionless and repetitive, it doesn't have the 'proper' teams and names, and the stats menu has "shoots" instead of "shots" - there's a lot of room for improvement.

I just wish that EA and Konami would get together on these projects. The presentation and commentary aspects from the FIFA games combined with the game engine and dynamics from Pro Evo would undoubtedly create the ultimate football game - they've have the market sewn up; it simply wouldn't be worth anyone else producing a football game at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.