GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"H1 Tag"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/07/11 at 18:27
Regular
When analyzing my website I keep getting back that I have no H1 Tag

I am not sure how to correct this in instant pro any ideas please?

Instant pro
www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk
Wed 13/07/11 at 08:48
Regular
Garin wrote:
He wants to use H tags for SEO. Keep up DL. ;)

Last time I looked at Instant Pro there was no direct support for use of headers I think? (Maybe I missed it though) So you might have to get your hands dirty and do a bit of html. Theres an instant pro guide on doing stuff like this.

p.s. I still dont like that rat on the front page. :P

Yes its for the SEO I am getting knocked down by some bigs boys ! chucking money at links so need to do a bit more work, had a guy who does SEO down but they want to much money initial £600 then £295 a month ! just to much at the moment for me.

So I need to do as much of my own SEO as possible. The H1 tag comes up in many of the "reports" on what is wrong with the site, I have no idea how important it is in the overall scheme of things.

Just for you Garin I have another site now without a big rat on the front page, just an iccle one LOL ! look at www.tauntonpestcontrol.co.uk and see what you think ! comments welcome
Tue 12/07/11 at 22:37
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin wrote:

TBH Garin I did consider that option, but as I'm not an Instant Pro expert like yourself, I decided with a 'basic' explanation of the problem that Dograt was asking about .... and TBH who gives a 'toss' about Google's analytics anyway!

Long term, Garin ... I'm not that bothered actually ... I'll just let you 'youngsters' do the 'biz' ... "you've" all messed it up so far, so why shouldn't "you" be allowed to continue ;¬)

Please allow me to bow out gracefully now and join the "has been's" in the sky ....

Garin, the platform is all yours ...
Tue 12/07/11 at 21:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"

Last time I looked at Instant Pro there was no direct support for use of headers I think? (Maybe I missed it though) So you might have to get your hands dirty and do a bit of html. Theres an instant pro guide on doing stuff like this.

p.s. I still dont like that rat on the front page. :P
Tue 12/07/11 at 20:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Dograt,

Not an Instant Pro user myself but I don't think that you should worry too much about the H1 tag.

The H1 (the main heading) to H6 (the least heading) tags are used to define HTML headings when using style sheets and as such H1 should be used when defining Headings....surprise, surprise :¬)

It is within the Style sheet (CSS file) that you can use this tag to change it's default 'text size' by using a 'style definition' ie:

<style>H1 {font-size: 34pt}</style>

Hope this is helpful Dograt, but I don't know how much 'control' you have within Instant Pro.
For me, the H1 tag is usually used within tables :¬) and I don't use it at all....I prefer to define my own 'headings/sizes' within a class definition.
Tue 12/07/11 at 18:27
Regular
When analyzing my website I keep getting back that I have no H1 Tag

I am not sure how to correct this in instant pro any ideas please?

Instant pro
www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.