GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"H1 Tag"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/07/11 at 18:27
Regular
When analyzing my website I keep getting back that I have no H1 Tag

I am not sure how to correct this in instant pro any ideas please?

Instant pro
www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk
Thu 14/07/11 at 08:35
Regular
Thanks to everyone for their advice, much appreciated TBH I cant really afford the cost of the SEO company at the cost they require, I think for a small limited area eg Somerset and for pest control it would not take that much work if they knew what they were doing?

We spend around £2000 on Yellow pages at the moment but this is really not bringing in the return anymore this is why I was looking at other options.

So far my instant pro website has by far been the best advertising we have ever done in relation to cost and return, OK It took time to develop and promote and its not the best in the world but it is working. Bearing in mind the average spend of a customer is £50 then with both the YP and an SEO service thats alot of £50's and the area we cover may not sustain that amount of work.

I will do some tweaking if I can and when I get stuck then I will take up the very reasonable offer of help from Freeola :-)

Thanks again
Wed 13/07/11 at 19:57
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Obviously. :-)
Wed 13/07/11 at 19:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Garin's now playing 'Shatter' .... obviously SEO research ;¬)
Wed 13/07/11 at 17:52
"Are you sure?"
No

FYI I've only ever owned 1 Range Rover!
I do still own a Land Rover Discovery and a Freelander though!

& Yes

:¬P
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 13/07/11 at 17:34
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Hmmm... wrote:
Runs off to think about £charges :¬)

Dont you own about 20 range rovers? I think your rates are fine :P

And do you have to put your links on EVERY post? Its really annoying having to remove them when quoting.
Wed 13/07/11 at 17:00
"Are you sure?"
IMO
£75 ish an hour is pretty steep I would have thought.

Large projects may be able to stomach that but most small business owners wouldn't be too happy...

Runs off to think about £charges :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 13/07/11 at 16:36
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
£300 a month isnt much. For those that have the luxury of charging top rates for their time, its only an hour a week or so. Can easily spend that monitoring and tweaking if you're serious about your SEO. Obviously there are dubious people/companies out there but that doesnt mean everybody is.

And you're doing pretty well for "pest control taunton" I think, Dograt? You've got 2 out of the top 5 results on Google. At that point I think presentation (how google shows the result) is more important than gaining a few places.

One thing that might be worth thinking about is splitting your area page and renaming it. 2 pages focusing on the counties you cover, ie pest control somerset & pest control devon. A feature of all the sites ranking above is to tightly focused landing pages like this. So they've got somerset and pest control in the URL as well as the page title.
Wed 13/07/11 at 12:28
Regular
After sorting out a site what are they spending £295 a month on?
It's either a con or they're using 'black hat' link building etc. which could all backfire...

Main things he was talking about were

micro sites for link building
Facebook/twitter/linked in
Link building
Blog
Landing pages

One problem I have is that google will bring up well 3 of my pages well eg home,wasp nests and bedbugs but will not seem to bring up the other pages.

I would really love to have the google search to bring up the main home page and the options for each page below like the freeola snippet does.

I would like to be able to dominate the first page for the search pest control somerset / pest control Taunton !!!! (Wishful thinking) after all I am a rat man not a website designer !
Wed 13/07/11 at 09:29
Regular
Dograt wrote:
...but they want to much money initial £600 then £295 a month !...

Blimey.

Can I take this opportunity to recommend Freeola's Assisted Web Design & SEO service? Our design team can perform SEO updates and improvements to the content of your website for a very reasonable price of £35 per hour (ex VAT).

You can request specific SEO changes (for example if you just want header tags added to each of your pages), or a complete SEO audit and update.

Just let us know what you want, and we'll give you a quote for the amount of hours it would take.

Alternatively, as Hmmm... and Garin have pointed out, you'll be able to manually insert header tags into the content of standard pages by using the HTML option on the editor. It's already been linked to, but you may want to check out the Changing or Adding to HTML code guide.
Wed 13/07/11 at 09:15
"Are you sure?"
You can manually use tags with InstantPro as has been suggested - I've just tried it.

FWIW Here's a Matt Cutts video on H1.
Don't get carried away :¬)

Perhaps you could report back in a few months to say how it's changed your search engine placement?

I'm always advising my clients to stay well clear from SEO *experts* that promise results with similar costs to the ones you've posted!

After sorting out a site what are they spending £295 a month on?
It's either a con or they're using 'black hat' link building etc. which could all backfire...

I often see visitor log entries from a company sometimes calling themselves 'F*rstF*und' name messed up to save any embarrassment for Freeola)but now use lots of different names as their reputation is so tarnished. They then cold call my clients offering them 'deals'. It always amuses me that an SEO company has to resort to cold calling!

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.