GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube sales rise, x box sales fall"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 13:46
Regular
GameCube sales again rose in week-on-week comparisons, this time by a further 5%, no doubt buoyed by the release of the hotly anticipated Super Monkey Ball 2 and the continued success of Capcom’s Resident Evil 0.

Xbox slipped another 5%, a fact that has surprised many given the much-heralded launch of Xbox Live last week, and the media attention it gained.

www.spong.com
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:04
Regular
Oh thank-you for that brilliantly pointful comment..
Wed 19/03/03 at 18:09
Regular
Go team game cube
Wed 19/03/03 at 19:13
The GC are only selling more because they have a good price, for £89.99 i would prob buy one...
But if they were the same price as the xbox, then xbox will definatley sell more...
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:34
Regular
Nah, I doubt it. People would most likely go for the console with the better games and the bigger franchises. Of course, they may be drawn in by Microsoft's propaganda nonsense..
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Xboxs sales rose when their prices dropped.....

Woopee.

Yay.

Amazing!
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Festivus!"
Robin wrote:
> But if they were the same price as the xbox, then xbox will definatley
> sell more...

If they were both giving away 2 free games at the same price, I doubt it.
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:10
"The Will of D."
Maverick42 wrote:
> GameCube went up much more than 5%, due to the excellent Argos and
> Dixons deals.

What Dixons deals are they huh? Dixons are not even going to be selling GC products anymore and you know it, they haven't even got metroid Prime in store!
If they stop selling I will only have in my town a WHSmiths and Woolworths to buy GC games from, and they aren't even two storey stores.
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:51
Regular
Psy©ho Fox wrote:
> What Dixons deals are they huh? Dixons are not even going to be
> selling GC products anymore and you know it, they haven't even got
> metroid Prime in store!

Touched a nerve, did I? GameCube + Game = £99.99 at Dixons. It's GameCube + Game + Memory Card = £78.99 at Argos.
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:53
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I'm so frustrated, I brought my Cube around December, £210 with 2 games and a memory card!
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:53
English_Bloke wrote:
> I'm so frustrated, I brought my Cube around December, £210 with
> 2 games and a memory card!

LOL, oh well that is the way it goes...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.