GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube sales rise, x box sales fall"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/03/03 at 13:46
Regular
GameCube sales again rose in week-on-week comparisons, this time by a further 5%, no doubt buoyed by the release of the hotly anticipated Super Monkey Ball 2 and the continued success of Capcom’s Resident Evil 0.

Xbox slipped another 5%, a fact that has surprised many given the much-heralded launch of Xbox Live last week, and the media attention it gained.

www.spong.com
Thu 20/03/03 at 19:51
Regular
Got Metroid Prime today. Too utterly pleased with it to continue argument. Will get Xbox soon anyway. Everybody wins :D.
Wed 19/03/03 at 23:55
Regular
its a bit dull to see all this stuff about game cube and xbox. basicly everyone says what they know. and everyone knows the same as everyone else.
Wed 19/03/03 at 23:03
Regular
It's not suprising that the majority of the annoying fanboys balls haven't fallen.

Come on kiddies, we all know you think your console is the bestest in the world but quite frankly we couldn't give a shi*.
Wed 19/03/03 at 22:53
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Tóm likes holding plates.
> ;-)

What can I say? Big controller - Big...hands.
Wed 19/03/03 at 22:37
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> Well. Let me see. There's Halo (as you said), Munch's Oddysee, PGR,
> Amped, Mech Assault, Xbox Live, Moto GP. More than enough for me. I'm
> certainly not going to write down every Xbox game that might be
> remotely good.

I'm talking about launch titles.

> Maybe that's why you didn't buy an Xbox then. But if it's all your
> opinion, why must you persistantly slagg off the Xbox - even in the
> xbox forum!

Come on, you know that's not true.

> I find the Xbox controller wonderful - can't fault it at all! Shaped
> to my hands well, and buttons are all in the right place. I fear
> people that complain, have either not tried it (and are just following
> the crowd) or have only tried it on a demo pod. I also fear their
> hands may be grossly misformed.

Have to disagree. It's as though they didn't research the controller at all - the buttons are far too logical as opposed to ergonomical, and the whole thing is bulky with poorly shaped handles.

> Anyway. Feck it all. I have all three consoles now, all have their
> good points. And to be honest, I couldn't give a crap what anyone
> thinks anymore. Because I can buy whatever game I want.

I'm getting an Xbox for it's quite amazing future prospects, and possibly Xbox LIVE. At the moment though, it is a fairly crap piece of hardware to own - with just one true exclusive AAA title (Morrowind), and then Halo which is pretty good, but not quite excellent. That's.. erm.. it.
Wed 19/03/03 at 22:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Tóm likes holding plates.

;-)
Wed 19/03/03 at 22:31
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Maverick42 wrote:

> I struggle to believe that somehow.

You can struggle as much as you like. But I eventually chose PGR and amped, after wondering about other games such as Halo (which I didn't have at the time) and maybe more - too long ago to remember.

> I'll tell you now, a hell of a lot of people felt cheated by Microsoft
> - some of them I actually know. Ok.. you've got Halo, which is pretty
> good. But what else is there?

Well. Let me see. There's Halo (as you said), Munch's Oddysee, PGR, Amped, Mech Assault, Xbox Live, Moto GP. More than enough for me. I'm certainly not going to write down every Xbox game that might be remotely good.

>I know I'd certainly be bloody annoyed ... worst designed controller out >of the three consoles.

Maybe that's why you didn't buy an Xbox then. But if it's all your opinion, why must you persistantly slagg off the Xbox - even in the xbox forum!

I have all three consoles. I find the PS2 controller the worst. Thumbs at an awkward angle to reach the analogue sticks. Not actually shaped to my hand in any way whatsoever.

I find the Xbox controller wonderful - can't fault it at all! Shaped to my hands well, and buttons are all in the right place. I fear people that complain, have either not tried it (and are just following the crowd) or have only tried it on a demo pod. I also fear their hands may be grossly misformed.

I find the GC controller good. But the handles are too small, and result in my little finger, and second from last finger being pushed together.

Anyway. Feck it all. I have all three consoles now, all have their good points. And to be honest, I couldn't give a crap what anyone thinks anymore. Because I can buy whatever game I want.
Wed 19/03/03 at 22:31
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Observant, I see.
Wed 19/03/03 at 22:30
Regular
"^_^"
Nasty boy wrote:
> argos sell a game cube with conroler,memory card and a game for 80
> quid!

Wahey, looks like someone has been a researching!
Wed 19/03/03 at 22:27
Regular
argos sell a game cube with conroler,memory card and a game for 80 quid!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.