GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Submitting Plagiarized Reviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/07 at 14:10
Regular
""none""
I noticed that people started to win GAD for someone else's work. Now if you want to submit a review that is not yours, can we make it a rule to not post it? Because it causes too much confusion, and if somebody wanted to read that review, they'd look on Google themselves. If you go ahead and trample over this rule, they should get the dreaded ban. Because frankly, there are people who wrote there own reviews or guides deserve to win.

Can we at least take this into consideration?
Sat 30/06/07 at 22:27
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Dan_Jc is at again, this is plagiarized from the 'You're A Winner' thread...

*Shakes Head In Further Disgust*
Sat 30/06/07 at 22:39
Regular
im just getting across the point and i wrote the below post so you cannot say i copied it from anywhere else apart from the other topic as i dont like the way sum of you are talking about me.
Sat 30/06/07 at 22:46
Regular
""none""
Dan_Jc wrote:
> one thing i didnt state that it wasnt mine i was sharing it fair
> enough i should have stated that i didnt read any rules about
> this and i agree they should now change the rules to not being
> allowed to copy a review and win a GAD, therefore from now on
> ill write my own reviews as ive just done and uploaded in the
> reviews section, ive been around along time evan when FREEOLA
> was running and there has been times when people copied off
> ign/gamespot and one GAD , yeah this was ages ago but none the
> less, like i said im only going to write what i feel like saying
> from now on to stop all this, what about you people who upload
> cheats you dont sit there and work them out for yourself you
> have copied them yourselfs, i dont like sum of your attitudes on
> here that why i dont really reply on threads as ive read sum very
> uncertain things, and alot of bitching, all in all im sorry for
> the review i won a prize for, i doubt ill get it now because you
> will all persuade the staffies not to send them to me, then i
> come on here seeing people say give me a GAD , let me win bingo
> or something, then i get backstabbed all because i posted a
> review which i didnt state was mine , and to be honest this has
> probably happened lots of times, like i said ill just write my
> own review of games , and just post when and if i have a review
> , and if i win bingo or something so that people know who won ,
> thank-you.

Go away, your not welcome here. kthnxbi
Come back when you learn to spell, your writing is readable and your not a tard.
Sun 01/07/07 at 16:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Dan_Jc wrote:
> i should have stated that i didnt read any rules about
> this and i agree they should now change the rules to not being
> allowed to copy a review and win a GAD, therefore from now on
> ill write my own reviews

I shouldn't have to point this out, but the reason they don't explicitly state in the rules about you not being allowed to copy a review and win a GAD is that it should be obvious, you're expected to know that plagiarism is cheating and that if you copy enough of another person's work or pass off other people's work as your own it constitutes a criminal offence.

Even if you missed the class on copyright, IP theft and plagiarism at school, ignorance is not innocence.
Sun 01/07/07 at 17:01
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Just had a look at the rules, found on the Gameaday homepage on the left hand menu and the first one...

"(a) In submitting written material you agree to indemnify Freeola Ltd against all liabilities arising from infringement of copyright or intellectual property rights. Basically, in plain English - this means that the material must be original and written by you. Please do not send other people's work. If you do, you run the risk of being banned from our site. If you find a review or a customer site that has been copied from another site, please e-mail [email protected] with the location of the original review or site and it will be removed."

I shall remove the copied reviews then, seeing as it's in the rules.
Sun 01/07/07 at 17:05
"LOLLERSKATES!"
So have Freeola rescinded his Gameaday yet? That's the only reason these reviews were posted in the first place.
Sun 01/07/07 at 17:10
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Ninja_Reborn wrote:
> Go away, your not welcome here. kthnxbi
> Come back when you learn to spell, your writing is readable and
> your not a tard.

Sun 01/07/07 at 17:26
Regular
Ninja_Reborn wrote:
> I don't think we have enough admins active here. Or even people
> who have the authority to ban.
>
> We need to find out who chooses these people to win, I just
> don't get it...

I've inquired who awards GAD, because some post that have been awarded are simply ridiculous. I think Vexxxed came forward. I wonder where he is now..

It's like the Freeola admin are pressured to award GAD daily and just award based on posts that appear long and drawn-out as some indicator that the content is quality and genuine work.

I believe the former SR used to ban individuals for plagerism. I say we continue that rule, because obviously people like Dan just don't get it. The fact that Freeola keeps awarding him makes them look like sheer idiots time and again.
Sun 01/07/07 at 17:58
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Dan_Jc wrote:
> ive been around along time evan when FREEOLA was running

You've been here 157 days, and Freeola has been going a long time before then!

Dan cannot be specifically targeted for this matter though. It's been going on for years, since back when SR was about. In fact, I wasn't here then, but it was probably happening before we even got different colours for user ranks (Newbie, Regular, Notable etc.)
Sun 01/07/07 at 19:13
Regular
Twain wrote:
> Dan cannot be specifically targeted for this matter though.

He's the latest episode, that's why I believe there's this flurry of discussion on the matter. He's made himself exhibit A. Every other plageriser comes in as substantial evidence.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.