GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Submitting Plagiarized Reviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/07 at 14:10
Regular
""none""
I noticed that people started to win GAD for someone else's work. Now if you want to submit a review that is not yours, can we make it a rule to not post it? Because it causes too much confusion, and if somebody wanted to read that review, they'd look on Google themselves. If you go ahead and trample over this rule, they should get the dreaded ban. Because frankly, there are people who wrote there own reviews or guides deserve to win.

Can we at least take this into consideration?
Sat 30/06/07 at 14:10
Regular
""none""
I noticed that people started to win GAD for someone else's work. Now if you want to submit a review that is not yours, can we make it a rule to not post it? Because it causes too much confusion, and if somebody wanted to read that review, they'd look on Google themselves. If you go ahead and trample over this rule, they should get the dreaded ban. Because frankly, there are people who wrote there own reviews or guides deserve to win.

Can we at least take this into consideration?
Sat 30/06/07 at 14:15
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I second this. If I want to read a copied review, i'll read were it's copied from, thanks. This is an outrage!
Sat 30/06/07 at 14:26
Regular
I agree, if this continues, I might aswell submit War & Peace in the creative forum, as my own work and win myself a GAD too.

It's still okay to copy other peoples jokes, right?
Sat 30/06/07 at 18:23
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ninja_Reborn wrote:
> I noticed that people started to win GAD for someone else's work.

Did you notice that he did the exact same thing a couple of months back?

Evidence
Sat 30/06/07 at 20:15
Regular
""none""
I don't think we have enough admins active here. Or even people who have the authority to ban.

We need to find out who chooses these people to win, I just don't get it...
Sat 30/06/07 at 20:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
Or maybe we should put through a sort of nomination process, that way we have the plagiarizum police of freeola a chance to check it, as they so often seem to do :)
Sat 30/06/07 at 20:42
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I really cant understand why this important issue isnt on the front page of the bbc news site.
Sat 30/06/07 at 20:42
Regular
I nominate Garin. I've taught him all I know about spotting fakes.
Sat 30/06/07 at 22:19
Regular
one thing i didnt state that it wasnt mine i was sharing it fair enough i should have stated that i didnt read any rules about this and i agree they should now change the rules to not being allowed to copy a review and win a GAD, therefore from now on ill write my own reviews as ive just done and uploaded in the reviews section, ive been around along time evan when FREEOLA was running and there has been times when people copied off ign/gamespot and one GAD , yeah this was ages ago but none the less, like i said im only going to write what i feel like saying from now on to stop all this, what about you people who upload cheats you dont sit there and work them out for yourself you have copied them yourselfs, i dont like sum of your attitudes on here that why i dont really reply on threads as ive read sum very uncertain things, and alot of bitching, all in all im sorry for the review i won a prize for, i doubt ill get it now because you will all persuade the staffies not to send them to me, then i come on here seeing people say give me a GAD , let me win bingo or something, then i get backstabbed all because i posted a review which i didnt state was mine , and to be honest this has probably happened lots of times, like i said ill just write my own review of games , and just post when and if i have a review , and if i win bingo or something so that people know who won , thank-you.
Sat 30/06/07 at 22:23
Regular
Lol, anyone else who can't be asked to read through that block of writing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.