GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Submitting Plagiarized Reviews"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/07 at 14:10
Regular
""none""
I noticed that people started to win GAD for someone else's work. Now if you want to submit a review that is not yours, can we make it a rule to not post it? Because it causes too much confusion, and if somebody wanted to read that review, they'd look on Google themselves. If you go ahead and trample over this rule, they should get the dreaded ban. Because frankly, there are people who wrote there own reviews or guides deserve to win.

Can we at least take this into consideration?
Thu 05/07/07 at 23:01
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Dan_Jc wrote:
> Dan_Jc's post

Oh dear.

I say we have a counxil of Freeola members search through all of the internet before they give someone a prize that will make them happy. That'll teach 'em.
Thu 05/07/07 at 22:49
Regular
"Mooching around"
Tension? It's amusing is what it is.
Thu 05/07/07 at 22:06
"possibly impossible"
I'm getting a headache from all this tension!
Thu 05/07/07 at 22:02
"LOLLERSKATES!"
DoomBaboon1982 wrote:
> Both the GADs I won for supposidly plagerised reviews I recieved.

They weren't 'supposedly' copied, they were copied, full stop.
Thu 05/07/07 at 21:49
Regular
""none""
Why isn't Dan_JC banned yet? He has so many copied walkthroughs. It's like no one examines them.
Mon 02/07/07 at 10:05
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Grow up Garin. You're one of the fist to make a big fuss about
> something like this. Try and be a little more mature and keep
> your stupid "drama queen" comments to yourself. It
> serves no purpose but to annoy others.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, this situation has come to a
> conclusion. Hopefully someone at Freeola will award the GAD to
> someone else, perhaps even the original creator of the review.

I agree, he was always the first and last to moan when I won them.
Chaos I think the people get annoyed because they spend an hour writing a review and some one wins the GAD for a C&P from IGN.

Just to let you guys know even when it is highlighted to the freeola staff they still send out the GADS. Both the GADs I won for supposidly plagerised reviews I recieved.
This is inspite of me sending an email and a post saying they should cancel it because of the hassel i was getting from the forums. Dont hold your breath they resind his.

I recon the tactic is to stop posting reviews until they actually read them to decide on their legitimacy.
Sun 01/07/07 at 23:48
Regular
"Mooching around"
Dear me, people do seem to be getting worked up about this one.

I think the point's been made, we don't like plagiarism (what an odd word, a z instead of an s in every instance but that...)

Anyway, who cares? If anyone 'ought to be angry, it's the original source of the writing.
Sun 01/07/07 at 20:37
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Yes I'll grow up.....must act older...more mature...more like Machie....

No sorry, I cant do it. I get points for trying though, right? :P
Sun 01/07/07 at 20:17
Regular
Grow up Garin. You're one of the fist to make a big fuss about something like this. Try and be a little more mature and keep your stupid "drama queen" comments to yourself. It serves no purpose but to annoy others.

As far as I'm concerned, this situation has come to a conclusion. Hopefully someone at Freeola will award the GAD to someone else, perhaps even the original creator of the review.
Sun 01/07/07 at 19:56
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
What a bunch of drama queens. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.