GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The New GAD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/12/01 at 15:07
Regular
Gameaday has changed, but I don't understand...

I mean, we are allowed to choose any DVD or game of our choice, providing it's up to the price tag of £50. But we are not allowed to choose box sets. No game box sets and no DVD box sets. So besides N64 games, what other title could we possibly cost up to £50?

As for DVDs…if we are not allowed to choose box sets, what single DVD movie, even a 2-disk set, comes to the price of £50?

I don't get it. It's very nice of Special Reserve to offer this to everyone, but it really comes down to offering us the same prizes for each GAD prize entry. When winning on a certain GAD compo, you can select any DVD or a game of your choice, (as like before. The better thing now is that you can select a DDV or game from any GAD entry that you win on, whether it’s a film or game, or even a discussion. I hope that’s correct. Well, that’s what I found out from the info on the main page anyway.

So...if I am wrong about all this, does it mean that we are allowed to choose two DVD movies that add up to "50, and the same for two games?

I hope it's this way - that would be so cool.
Tue 18/12/01 at 10:41
Regular
"not dead"
Longy:0) wrote:
> Meka_Dragon wrote:

>>Just one more thing:

>>Why I no win GAD?

> you've won loads of GADs

*bangs head on desk*
Tue 18/12/01 at 10:38
Regular
"WWJD"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> So basically, you complained that it wasn't fair that cheats win when reviews
> take more skill and effort, so cheats get a separate prize that isn't worth as
> much, but a gaurenteed one daily. You can write about movies to win a game, and
> vice-versa.

You got what you asked for, can't you be happy.

Just one more
> thing:

Why I no win GAD?

you've won loads of GADs
Tue 18/12/01 at 10:16
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Goatboy wrote:
> No, not for over a week now.
So there's no need for people to go over there and
> spoil it with badly written reviews of Power Ranger movies and trying to
> convince me that Blink 182 aren't Westlife with tattoos.

>er...or something.

What are you saying about West life?!?

Look, alright, I'll admit they dont write there own lyrics, or play their own instruments or sing their own songs... but what band does these days...

Having been raised on a diet of consistantly increasing mediocraty in popular music, I feel I must stand up for the large corporations, they do after all bring the music to the masses, they should be allowed to contrive musical trends, openly exploit pre-teens and take an active role in the dumbing down of all popular mediums as much as they like

Isnt that fat bloke from Pop Idol lovely... hes a star of the future for sure!

Its only right that the music corporations be allowed to dictate my tastes... After all, Its not really my responcibility to decide what I like and dislike is it!

Besides, West life they are so lovely non-threatening and stuff...
Tue 18/12/01 at 10:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No, not for over a week now.
So there's no need for people to go over there and spoil it with badly written reviews of Power Ranger movies and trying to convince me that Blink 182 aren't Westlife with tattoos.

er...or something.
Tue 18/12/01 at 09:58
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Do people still post in the 'Movies, Films and DVDs' forum?
Mon 17/12/01 at 12:05
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
Look GAD and FAD are great so stop moaning

Or mooing

Or whatever.
Mon 17/12/01 at 10:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The People:
I won GAD! Cool! Can I have a DVD!

The Staff:
NO

The People:
But I am stupid, why not?

The Staff:
We change GAD so you can claim either up to £50

The People:
Can I ask for loads of cheap things then? And a bike?

The Staff:
We gave you what you asked for, yet still you moo?

The People:
Moo

The End
Mon 17/12/01 at 10:28
Regular
"not dead"
So basically, you complained that it wasn't fair that cheats win when reviews take more skill and effort, so cheats get a separate prize that isn't worth as much, but a gaurenteed one daily. You can write about movies to win a game, and vice-versa.

You got what you asked for, can't you be happy.

Just one more thing:

Why I no win GAD?
Mon 17/12/01 at 10:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The £50 limit is exactly that - a limit. We're not asking you to pick a DVD that costs £50, the £50 is a limit for both games and DVDs, because you can choose either. We've just given people the option to choose a DVD instead of a game, should they wish. So, to recap:

PRIZE 1 - The game or DVD of your choice, under £50.
PRIZE 2 - The game or DVD of your choice, under £50.
PRIZE 3 - The game or DVD of your choice, under £25.

No box sets, game bundles or prize combinations are allowed. If you're still confused, go and click on the Rules or FAQ links on the Gameaday home page.

*smashes desk with fase, fist*
Mon 17/12/01 at 10:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*slaps fase wiv sword*

Look people,it's not hard.

No box sets. No mixing up lesser price stuff to make £50.
And Snuggly says I, and only me, can claim Sea Monkeys if I win.

So there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.