GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"does anyone use their ps2 as their main dvd player?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 15:16
Regular
If so do you have a surround sound system etc. hooked up to it?
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:30
"High polygon count"
Oops. Yes, I remember now. I *think* I said at the time you first mentioned it that I felt it could only be your TV - though exactly how or why, I couldn't say.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:09
On the PS2 region 1's (not all but most) looked over-colourful and the picture wasn't 100% clear (a little fuzzy especially on menus).

My DVD player is only a Pioneer DV-343 so not high end or anything but is multi-region.
Wed 19/12/01 at 22:04
"High polygon count"
MR.COATES wrote:
> Strange, on mine there is a definite difference - only on Region 1
> though (Reg X with RGB scart).

Maybe I should expand on that a little...

My dedicated player is a Sony DVP-S725D, which when I bought it just after Xmas 1999, cost me £750 - only one Sony player at the time had a higher spec. Like all unmodified Sony DVD players, however, it's not multi-region - so I haven't watched any R1 discs on it.

My statement about the quality is based on comparison between the R1 Natural Born Killers on my PS2 and any R2 disc on my S725D - both are pin-sharp and crystal clear.

Is this the problem you had with colour hues?
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:50
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I don't use it as my main player, but I recently watched the Region 1 version of
> Natural Born Killers (using DVD Region X via RGB SCART), and the picture and
> sound quality were not noticably different to my high-end dedicated player.

Strange, on mine there is a definite difference - only on Region 1 though (Reg X with RGB scart).
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:36
Regular
"WWJD"
I do because im 15 and don't have any money and ive got a good one there i have got it hooked up to my Amp so got it through 2 good speakers it's good anough for me
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:31
"High polygon count"
I don't use it as my main player, but I recently watched the Region 1 version of Natural Born Killers (using DVD Region X via RGB SCART), and the picture and sound quality were not noticably different to my high-end dedicated player.
Wed 19/12/01 at 21:14
Regular
"accidental superher"
i rarely watch dvds...but it's just good to have around should i ever want to.....
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
well if your not a total techy then you can use your PS2 as it seems fine for playing dvd's for most people
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:55
Regular
It is good that The PS2 has a DVD function because when i go into Choices to rent out games my mum or dad want to rent out films on video, but if they aint in on video we can just get them on DVD
Wed 19/12/01 at 19:19
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Code: 144 Complete wrote:

Hey speaking of watching
> dvds on the PC, has any of you had problems with the PSM2 dvds on the PC as I
> cannot be able to watch any PSM2 dvds on my PC but they work fine on my PS2.

Nope I watched a few on there and there have not been any problems. I would actually say that using my PC to watch DVDs is a much faster way than using the PS2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.