GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"does anyone use their ps2 as their main dvd player?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 15/12/01 at 15:16
Regular
If so do you have a surround sound system etc. hooked up to it?
Sat 15/12/01 at 15:16
"MMMMM, Chicken"
If so do you have a surround sound system etc. hooked up to it?
Sun 16/12/01 at 06:04
I use mine all the time and yes I do have it hooked up with surround sound.
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:46
Regular
No, I use it as a portable dvd player when travelling, and yes, when its at home it connects to a Yamaha surround surround hifi amp and 5 speakers. My neighbours won't let me have a subwoofer though.
Sun 16/12/01 at 18:52
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
PS2's a fantastic bargain! You get a games console and DVD player built in for just £199! DVD players cost from £99 - £500 and some aren't even so special.

I use my PS2 to watch DVDs, that's what it's there for!
Sun 16/12/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Whatever!"
I use mine all the time - I am getting a stand alone player after christmas but will still use my PS2 aswell!!
Sun 16/12/01 at 22:06
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I don't have a DVD player and as such yes do yes it as my main DVD player. It's constantly being used by myself and my family for watching DVD films, and it'll do me just fine.

S'far as i'm concerned no need for a standalone DVD player.
Sun 16/12/01 at 23:11
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I use mine as my dedicated DVD. When its set up in my bedroom there is no dolby set up, but in the living room there is. It really sounds great and there is no faults with it.
Sun 16/12/01 at 23:20
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I kinda got two DVD players. One on my PS2 and one on my PC. If I am on the computer and suddenly want to watch something (PSW DVD) I watch it on the PC but if I want to watch a film or I am not working on my PC, I watch it on my PS2. Simple as that
Mon 17/12/01 at 00:06
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
I got 3 DVD players. i got one on the PC which i can output to the TV it's also good as my tv can't do NTSC but it will accept PAL 60 so i get no picture porbs when playing imports from the US. i also got a stand alnoe player which i used to use both upstairs and downstairs as the comp is a bit noisy when you try to watch a film at night but that's mainly left downstairs now. And i'm getting my PS2 but i'd never use it as a main player
Tue 18/12/01 at 08:56
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Mine is the only DVD player in te house at the mo, and because it works ok I am in no rush to get a standalone when I could really do with a new vider player. I will get one at some point though, when i have the cash to spare.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.