GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Poxy Monkeyball !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball 2'.
Sat 22/03/03 at 09:17
Regular
Ugh ! I dunno if some of you remember - but I mentioned recently that my Monkeyball 2 game kept crashing when I played it in the Arcade mode. Basically, I play through beginner - trying to get points together to get the mini games unlocked.

Normally, I'll get through it (and the extra stages) once. After this I'll play through again and the crash is imminent at any time from this moment. I usually get to the extra stages again and thats where it all goes crap. I had one of my cousins over the other night and we played through the arcade mode. We did a 2 player where it alternates - my cousin got through the first 10 stages and that was it for him cause he used a continue and didn't get into the extra stages. Of course I did however and guess what - I reach the 6th extra stage and once again I'm left swearing my lungs out at Sega.

Yesterday I took the game to work with me with the intention of swapping it for another copy when I picked up Metroid at the end of the day. Did that fine and took it home. This morning I decided to give it a quick go through - try and unlock another mini game. I went into the arcade mode, played through it no problem. Then I went for the second run through it and got all the way to the end. Finished the last level, replay comes up (that you HAVE to watch cause it won't let you skip the last one) and once again I'm left looking at a paused screen as the game crashes once again !

I really doubt its anything to do with my GC as not only is it too new to really have a dirty lens or anything, but all my other games work fine with no problems at all. I mean I was playing Resident Evil Zero for hours non stop last weekend. Just so bloody annoyed with Sega - if they're gonna release a game and happily swipe £40 off me, they can at least have the decency to make sure the bloody game works properly !

It doesn't even help to turn it off then back on again. If anything, the game just crashes sooner than before. Bear in mind, time wise - the game hasn't even been on for like 25 minutes before it crashes and most of the time I haven't been playing a game before it.
If Monkeyball isn't winding me up in one way its another - don't think I'm meant to own this game. Is anyone else going through this crap or am I just set to be unlucky with every copy of it I pick up ?
:-(
Sat 22/03/03 at 11:25
Regular
Well on the Xbox, I've had 3 faulty copies of Crazy Taxi 3 before I finially got one which worked (sent to me direct from Infrogrames) - and no one try telling me I shouldn't have bothered...I enjoy Crazy Taxi games.

On the GameCube, I've had a crashing problem with Mario Party 4. Nothing that happens regularly...just every once in a while...very rarely.

The only other 'problem' I've had on the 'Cube is some slowdown on Metroid Prime.
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:58
Regular
"  "
I remember once that I took Quake III on PS2 back three times and each time the copy didn't work. All I did was ask for my money back and got it from somewhere else. Could be that your store has a dodgy batch?
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The game has never crashed on me...

It could be a dodgy Gamecube or just 2 dodgy games..
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:50
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
my sonic adventure crashed once tht was it methinks
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok I feel stupid. ;-)) Its still early in the morning, thats my excuse. Well, for me it is anyway. ;-))
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:41
Regular
"  "
Mine was a joke. If that boosts confidents for you...
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, a couple of you guys aren't exactly filling me with confidence with this crashing news. ;-)

Mind you, as long as my main titles like Metroid, F-Zero, Mario 128, etc work fine, then its not a total crisis.
Sat 22/03/03 at 10:32
Regular
"  "
My Burnout tends to crash alot...

;D
Sat 22/03/03 at 09:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes wrote:
> I'd say Sega have really *balls-ed* that one up
>
>
> ho ho

*cringes*
Sat 22/03/03 at 09:38
Regular
"past,present&future"
My Wave Race crashes very occasionally, maybe 4 or 5 times total, but never during a race (which is something).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.