GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Poxy Monkeyball !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Super Monkey Ball 2'.
Sat 22/03/03 at 09:17
Regular
Ugh ! I dunno if some of you remember - but I mentioned recently that my Monkeyball 2 game kept crashing when I played it in the Arcade mode. Basically, I play through beginner - trying to get points together to get the mini games unlocked.

Normally, I'll get through it (and the extra stages) once. After this I'll play through again and the crash is imminent at any time from this moment. I usually get to the extra stages again and thats where it all goes crap. I had one of my cousins over the other night and we played through the arcade mode. We did a 2 player where it alternates - my cousin got through the first 10 stages and that was it for him cause he used a continue and didn't get into the extra stages. Of course I did however and guess what - I reach the 6th extra stage and once again I'm left swearing my lungs out at Sega.

Yesterday I took the game to work with me with the intention of swapping it for another copy when I picked up Metroid at the end of the day. Did that fine and took it home. This morning I decided to give it a quick go through - try and unlock another mini game. I went into the arcade mode, played through it no problem. Then I went for the second run through it and got all the way to the end. Finished the last level, replay comes up (that you HAVE to watch cause it won't let you skip the last one) and once again I'm left looking at a paused screen as the game crashes once again !

I really doubt its anything to do with my GC as not only is it too new to really have a dirty lens or anything, but all my other games work fine with no problems at all. I mean I was playing Resident Evil Zero for hours non stop last weekend. Just so bloody annoyed with Sega - if they're gonna release a game and happily swipe £40 off me, they can at least have the decency to make sure the bloody game works properly !

It doesn't even help to turn it off then back on again. If anything, the game just crashes sooner than before. Bear in mind, time wise - the game hasn't even been on for like 25 minutes before it crashes and most of the time I haven't been playing a game before it.
If Monkeyball isn't winding me up in one way its another - don't think I'm meant to own this game. Is anyone else going through this crap or am I just set to be unlucky with every copy of it I pick up ?
:-(
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Monkey Fight + 4 players = Joyous fun of the most laughable kind.

I.e = Fantastic.
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'll have to try that sometime. I bet the football is excellent in 4 player. ;-))
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You have to play Monkey Tennis in 4-player Doubles to really discover its greatness.
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My copy still crashes. Managed to struggle along to unlock monkey tennis though. No doubt there will be people who disagree, but I think the tennis sucks 2 week old dried dog poo.

Out of the games you have to unlock, monkey football is the only one that I really like. Baseball isn't all that wonderful and the tennis just gets on my bloody nerves. At least the bowling and stuff is still available.
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mines never crashed.

*waits*

Although I don't have MB2.
Sat 22/03/03 at 20:48
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, I've played through it two or three times in a row before, rushing stuff, and nothing has happened... so it may well be your copy, or just even something that happened that one time.

Oh, and I completed Advanced Mode without using a continue today. Whoo!
Sat 22/03/03 at 14:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If anyones got the time (and Monkeyball 2), can you try something out ? Play through Arcade mode say 3 times in a row on beginner (preferably including the bonus levels for not using a continue). Skip the replays like I did (except the last on where it doesn't let you) and hold the A button down at the beginning of the levels to spin the map faster and get the level underway faster.
I went pretty fast through most of the levels too so I didn't do much banana collecting.
If any of you lot could try this out I'd be grateful cause it would at least give me peace of mind one way or another. :-)

If anyone else gets the problem then I'll take it as a bug I'll have to put up with. If not then I'll look into having something done with the copy I have.
;-)
Sat 22/03/03 at 13:53
Regular
Only time my Cube has crashed was when it fell of my bed, not suprising really.
Sat 22/03/03 at 11:29
Regular
"  "
Famous last words...
Sat 22/03/03 at 11:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
My GC has never crashed on me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.