GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE UK LAUNCH INFO, GAMECUBE LAUNCH INFO, GAMECUBE LAUNCH INFO, GAMECUBE LAUNCH INFO, GAMECUBE LAUNCH INFO, GAMECUBE LAUNCH INFO,"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/12/01 at 22:43
Regular
Hello there now this post is all about the Gamecube launch in the UK thats right it is going ahead and will appear in either April or May of next year meeting the promised Spring release.

Now due to increasing the American ammount of Gamecubes we get erm wait or it 300,000 Gamecubes at launch... Thats bad and all concreate launch info such as exact date, prices and titles will all be confirmed next month...

Better make sure i'm one of the 300,000 really.
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:21
Regular
"Digging!"
Dringo wrote:
> Hello there now this post is all about the Gamecube launch in the UK thats right
> it is going ahead and will appear in either April or May of next year meeting
> the promised Spring release.

"April or May". you are behind dringo. its currently March, thank you.
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:18
Regular
"Digging!"
Code: 144 Complete wrote:
Nintendo take too long in
> converting games to Pal.

Pal games would go for
> £64.99 like some games of N64.

nintendo dont take a long time to convert games to pal, and i have never seen a n64 games cost £64. And the new gamecube discs are very cheep to make (cheeper than ps2 discs) and on release of the gamecube will cost about £49.99 and then fall to about £35 after about 6 mouths after the release of the gamecube.
Sat 15/12/01 at 12:12
Regular
My advice to a ninty is get an import preferably the Us version, because the catalog of games for it in Pal format are very few and Nintendo take too long in converting games to Pal.

Another advantage of this is that you can play now, it may be more expensive than the Pal version but its better value for money, though the games could be very expensive considering Pal games would go for £64.99 like some games of N64.
Sat 15/12/01 at 11:56
Regular
"Digging!"
i ordered mine about a week after sr started letting you pre order them.
Sat 15/12/01 at 10:41
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I could of guessed that kingklik would make an appearance in this forum!
Sat 15/12/01 at 09:24
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Just read the news on Gamesradar and was about to create a new thread about it. :O
Anyways, 300,000 units hey? Well, I did pre-order my cube on the morning I received my SR mag with it in for the first time. I BETTER get one at launch SR. ;)
Sat 15/12/01 at 01:08
Regular
Do Nintendo care?

If they sell barley a few consoles in the UK they wouldn't care its storming the US it is picking up in Japan and the X-box would of crushed that old PS2 thing by then anyway.

PS2 is good but this time next year it will be old.
Sat 15/12/01 at 00:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Can I just point out that Spring in the UK runs from April 21st to June 21st?

This means a 4-6 month wait for the Gamecube.

By which time Metal Gear Solid 2 will have been out 1-2 months and sold an awful lot of PS2s over the Easter Period just on that title alone.

I think the damage is done. Nintendo have left it too late, in the past they've got away with releasing a more powerful console later than everyone else, but this time I don't think they'll get away with it. Just think how much more money they would make if they released the Gamecube in the UK tomorrow.
Sat 15/12/01 at 00:45
Regular
Ah but did they tell me that erm maybe...

Anyway in a large post i have around 15 different sources should i mention them all? No so i dont normally do it although i tend to thank good old NGC when the present me with info such as in switch? in prime topics.
Fri 14/12/01 at 23:55
Regular
Bet they got it from Planet Gamecube though. :0D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.