GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you get slaged for liking Nintendo?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/12/01 at 19:06
Regular
Do any of you people out there get slagged off for liking Nintendo? Most of my friends like the Sony Playstation 1 and 2 better or the Dreamcast. They make fun of Me and Nintendo because they say it is old and crap but that isn't true, well it doesn't have any games coming out anymore.

They also say the Gamecube will be rubbish and all it's games are pathetic and i'll be the only one who buys it!

There are about 10 of my friends who like the Nintendo 64 and half of them get made fun of too. Does it happen to you? They try and talk me into buying a Playstation 2 or get it for Christmas and tell me not to get the Gamecube but i'm getting it no matter what!! They can't stop me (unless they break my legs or something like that.)

When the Gamecube comes out and when it will be so successful that i can finnaly make fun of them instead of ways tring to back Nintendo up!
Tue 25/12/01 at 23:07
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Yep... and (more importantly) Ninty have been in the games industry far, far longer!

Sony entered in about 1995 with the PSX.

Ninty entered in the 70's or something with Radarman (the arcade game, Miyamoto turned into Donkey Kong!)

Sonic
Tue 25/12/01 at 22:44
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Kid Rock wrote:
> Solskjaer_24 wrote:
after all, they've been around the longest haven't
> they???

nope sony have been around longer

Nintendo have been around since 1890. Bet you didn't know that KR. They made cards and then in the 50s they changed to home-entertainment and in the 70s they made the first games console game. Donkey Kong! Some facts for you KR! :D
Tue 25/12/01 at 21:49
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i don't think anyone would hold anything against me for liking nintendo maybe a xbox though.
Sun 23/12/01 at 18:03
Nintendo 64 have the best multiplayer games on a console that i have ever seen before, just take a look at goldeneye, perfectdark and super smash bros.

My playstation mates think that perfectdark is very good (which is true) and one of my m8s cant get enough of zelda (which is one of the best games that i have ever played).
Sun 23/12/01 at 14:16
Regular
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
after all, they've been around the longest haven't they???

nope sony have been around longer
Sun 23/12/01 at 14:02
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You're lucky then Afro Joe. As you can afford 2 next-gen. consoles, and you don't get slagged for liking Nintendo.

I don't care what people say about Nintendo, I think itis the multiplayer king and the best games manufacturers around!! After all, they've been around the longest haven't they???
Sun 23/12/01 at 13:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
My friends actually are mature in the way that, even if they don't like Nintendo they still don't insult it. Many of them actually like some of the games but aren't big enough fans to get any Ninty console (except maybe the Game Boy Advance because everyone should have that.)

There are some who get Nintendo only but most get Sony consoles. Luckily I am well-off enough to get both. Lucky me! :-)
Sun 23/12/01 at 13:01
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, i don't agree that Nintendo are the "king of multiplayer games"... I think the N64 is the king of multiplayer games... many of the best multiplayer games on the console weren't made by Ninty at all! (Oh, and remember, games like smash bros WEREN'T made by Nintendo!)

Oh, and one word to describe people who say Ninty are poor: "stupid". Fact is that Ninty have lead the market in revoltion... from the first platformers to the first truely 3D game... anyone who can't see that is truely dense.

Sonic
Sun 23/12/01 at 11:56
Regular
Tony_Blair wrote:
never give in playstation is for the weak,or people who like barbie games

that is true about PSone now, it is bollards, digimon games bob the builder. a load of crap comes out for it now.

but then their is the PS2 with DMC and other AAA+ games...
Mon 17/12/01 at 21:17
I got slagged today and my friends saed the gamecube was crap and a kids console and started saying crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.