GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Formula One 2011 Season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/05/11 at 23:51
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Hi all,

Thought it would be nice to hear peoples thoughts on this years Formula One season, so decided to make a new thread for the topic.
Mon 20/06/11 at 17:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
pb wrote:
The last two races to get published viewing figures were Monaco (6.1 million) and Barcelona before that (6.2 million). Then the BBC worldwide figures shoot up to around 50 million.

Edit: Canada is 8 million apparently, but can't find an official source.

The report I read (can't remember where the hell I saw it though) said those were peak viewing figures but actual viewing figures for people who watch the whole races are actually significantly lower, this article says pretty much the same thing.If the BBC do end up having to ditch F1 and it ends up on SKY Box Office at £10 a race or something then I doubt many would watch it at all.
Mon 20/06/11 at 15:06
"possibly impossible"
The last two races to get published viewing figures were Monaco (6.1 million) and Barcelona before that (6.2 million). Then the BBC worldwide figures shoot up to around 50 million.

Edit: Canada is 8 million apparently, but can't find an official source.
Mon 20/06/11 at 14:28
Regular
"I like turtles"
Garin wrote:
This latest story comes from the sunday times, a murdoch owned newspaper. ;)

Yeah I noticed that,in the article it stated these 'record' viewing figures for the last few races to be between 2 -4 million.Is that right?,I would have expected them to be a lot higher than that giving how popular F1 is.I remember the British round of MotoGP hitting viewing figures of nearly 3 million a couple of years ago.
Mon 20/06/11 at 14:18
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
This latest story comes from the sunday times, a murdoch owned newspaper. ;)

Still, I wouldnt be surprised if the BBC lose it. Considering what they have to pay, they get very little TV out of it. And all increased popularity does is make it more attractive to those that can cash in on advertising.
Mon 20/06/11 at 14:01
"possibly impossible"
Dropping F1 after their contract ends in 2013 would seem a bit strange considering that viewing figures are on a 10 year high.

The BBC are going through cost cutting though, even going so far as to sell of Television Centre (a sacrilege, surely?). With News Corp watching over the sport like a hawk ready to pounce and the popularity of the sport growing year on year globally (thanks to races in new countries and more international drivers), the cost of the F1 licence for TV rights can only go up.

Basically, I would think that the BBC will do everything they can to keep it, but if they can't afford it in their 2013 budget then they'll have no choice. Would be a very big loss for them though and ultimately end up losing viewers.
Mon 20/06/11 at 13:52
Regular
"How Ironic"
Yeh pete, I've heard that, but I'd label it as utter rubbish. The viewing figures of the last 3 races have been the highest in the last 10 years of F1 for a start thanks to the accessibility of the BBC.

A big back story is the Sunday Times article. Rupert Murdoch owns the Sunday Times, and he wants to buy the coverage of F1. So what does he do? Uses his own newspaper to conjure up absolute rubbish.
Mon 20/06/11 at 12:21
Regular
"I like turtles"
Read over the weekend that BBC might be dropping their F1 coverage after next season? Not sure how much truth there is in it but thought I would mention it.
Mon 13/06/11 at 11:33
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Yeah my friend had the same issue, but thankfully the highlights are still up somewhere. Anyone should be proud to say that they watchted it either live or reply ,was such a great race, though I imagine there was a large rush back to the airport afterwards.

Trying to remember everything that happened is actually quite hard. Got to say Martin and David (if following BBC) did well to fill in all the time though. Very suspense with the tyre changes and then enabled DRS system. Action all the way up to the chequered flag- minus the red flag.
Mon 13/06/11 at 07:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
I was gutted at the start. It's my favourite track.

But once it got going, what a race!!!

Few talking points (eg. Webber Hamilton).

So much stuff happened, and the amount of reviews taken!
Mon 13/06/11 at 00:31
"possibly impossible"
I missed the half after the red flag because I had to sort out the children's tea and then the move to BBC2 meant that it didn't record that part. By the time I found out what had happened it was too late and I just caught the end.

Still, what an ending. Also the longest F1 race in history too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.