GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Presents Are Materialising"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/12/01 at 07:18
Regular
Like many others, I am damn excited about Christmas. Like many others, I have a Christmas Tree and decorations erected.

A new custom has been introduced in my family - as soon as my dad has bought the presents, he places them under the tree. Here's what I have so far: (feel free to post your own)

Present #1
----------------

Shaped like an action figure, but a larger base.

Prediction: Some type of gaming, film, wrestling or music action figure.

Present #2
----------------

Shaped like a DVD or PC Game. I shook it and it didn't rattle, which blatantly says that it's probably not a DVD. Also, it was quite heavy. I just borrowed Red Alert 2 from my cousins the other day and that was heavy also. My dad knows how much I want it.

Prediction: Red Alert 2.

Present #3
----------------

Snaped like a small cereal box. I shook it and I think that my sister put the present in a cereal box before wrapping it. She said ages ago what she would get me.

Prediction: Packet of fudges.

Present #4
----------------

Shaped like a video, but slightly smaller. It's to me and my brother, so it could be something to do with wrestling.

Prediction: ???

That's it for the moment. Of course, on Christmas Eve, the tree will be full with presents and when my mum comes around to drop off her presents, the tree will get massive. In other words, I'm being spoilt this year for reasons I'd rather not delve into - nothing bad I've done! (which basically gives it away) Again, feel free to post yours here!

Cheers.
Firebalt.

PS. Don't try and guess my pressies please - if you get them right, I'll be annoyed. Thanks.
Sat 21/05/11 at 16:56
Regular
Due to the inclement weather forecast for the Sedbergh region we have decided to cancel the ride & save it for a better day.
We are going to do a local ride setting off from Cuerden Valley incorporating the Great Hill and Darwen Tower area.
Meeting points are the bridge below the lake at 08.30 or at the Lancaster lane end at 08.35. if anyone wants to meet us on route give Steve or Simon a call, phone numbers are on the contact page.
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> how much?!
damn rich kids.

getting my tree 'erected' at the weekend (bit
> late)

think what you will at that

Actually, I'm paying £1150 of it. I'm not rich, and I tend to be insanely jealous of those who are. Music is just something I'm good at, and can make money from.
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:59
"period drama"
how much?!
damn rich kids.

getting my tree 'erected' at the weekend (bit late)

think what you will at that
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:54
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
I'm getting a £1400 keyboard to go gigging with - damn I'm excited. It's got more RAM than my second PC has...
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:38
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Firebalt said: Like many others, I am damn excited about Christmas. Like many others, I have a Christmas Tree and decorations erected.

Er... what decorations would they be, then?
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:37
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Goatboy wrote:
> I can only think of a couple of DVDs a book and 2 CDs that I want.

Getting
> old I think.

Hey Goaty, you know that GAD you have? Well, I'm a bit broke at the mo... ;)
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:18
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I'd rather not guess what gifts i've been bought. Chances of there being any games/dvd's/or music cd's and extremely slim.

Least if I wait until Christmas I won't have to spend the next month depressed!
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:15
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Here's the revised list:

Present #1
----------------

Shaped like an action figure, but a larger base.

Prediction: Some type of gaming, film, wrestling or music action figure.

Present #2
----------------

Shaped like a DVD or PC Game. I shook it and it didn't rattle, which blatantly says that it's probably not a DVD. Also, it was quite heavy. I just borrowed Red Alert 2 from my cousins the other day and that was heavy also. My dad knows how much I want it.

Prediction: Red Alert 2.

Present #3
----------------

Snaped like a small cereal box. I shook it and I think that my sister put the present in a cereal box before wrapping it. She said ages ago what she would get me.

Prediction: Packet of fudges.

Present #4
----------------

Shaped like a video, but slightly smaller. It's to me and my brother, so it could be something to do with wrestling.

Prediction: ???

Present #5
----------------

Shaped like a DVD or PC Game. I shook it and it didn't rattle, which blatantly says that it's probably not a DVD.

Prediction: Some PC Game

I also found some cheap games (£5) in the paper, so I've asked for them. I just hope he gets the right ones!

FB.
Thu 13/12/01 at 13:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I remember when I got Boulder Mountain from MASK. The box was huge. I tied balloons to it and tried to make it fly, but it wouldn't. Boulder Mountain was good though.
Thu 13/12/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I can only think of a couple of DVDs a book and 2 CDs that I want.

Getting old I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.