GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newsround slag off the cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 10:09
Regular
I've been pretty dam sick the last two days so i've been stranded in my bedroom watching terrestrial tele 24-7(Beleive me when i say i know everthing thats going on in Iraq at the moment!). Anyway I was watching Newsround on CBBC (I wouldnt normally watch it otherwise) and there was a small story on how badly the cube has been selling in Europe.
They said that the nintendo gamecube has slashed its prices all over europe as it is desperately struggling to sell. They also reckon that the GC has barely even sold 1.5 million all across europe! this is not what I have been hearing!

check out the link for yourself on their website
http:// news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sci_tech/newsid_2843000/2843869. stm

there are are a few spaces in the link above. just copy and paste it into the adress bar and then delete the spaces.
Thu 27/03/03 at 19:30
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Moan moan moan...
Thu 27/03/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
You would think with nintendos "kiddy image" that newsround would be trying to promote the Gc?
bunch of uneducated trying to boost their ratings by including crappy articles on the gaming industry. (bassically)
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Typical CBBC, talking out of teir rear...
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:13
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Last thing I saw was the GC review off some little gimp.
> His main point was that it wasn't backwards compatible like the PS2,
> which wasn't even an issue before.

I can't really see what the big deal is with backwards compatibility.
its not like you're at any disadvantage for not being able to stick an N64 cartridge in your GC, just stick it in your N64! nearly all the people who'd want to play the N64 games on their GC would have an N64 anyway! i still play mine(and every other console i've ever owned as well, aaaaah the NES, how i love thee)
Tue 25/03/03 at 20:03
"period drama"
Last thing I saw was the GC review off some little gimp.
His main point was that it wasn't backwards compatible like the PS2, which wasn't even an issue before.
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:58
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Thats the second time newsround has done this. Last time it was the night before cubes release, some little kid 'reviewed it' by playing 18 wheeler!!
They compared it at the end with the other two and gave it a right old battering because the ps2 can play older games.
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:31
"The Will of D."
Has anyone sent a hate mail yet to the newsround emailing station?
Tue 25/03/03 at 18:08
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I hate that. Reading my brothers Kerrang mag ages ago, a review of a Capdown CD (can't remember which one, probly 'Pound for the Sound') and there was no criticism at all, all but said the CD was perfect, then gave it 4/5...
Tue 25/03/03 at 18:05
Regular
I saw that Dave Gibbon review, every word was praise, yet it only got 9/10...
Tue 25/03/03 at 17:09
"The Will of D."
Aha! a chance to use my favourite quote from the simpsons.

"Why those (yes I had to change it) ill-mannered sack of crap!"

You could almost call the people at BBC Sony fanboys, but that would be the biggest insult to that David guy now wouldn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.