GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter cell"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell'.
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:54
Regular
played demo for both the PS2 and PC. And i'm not that imprest. it feels too much like hitman 2-slow

although the graphic effects are brilliant.
Your views?
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:54
Regular
"Notable"
played demo for both the PS2 and PC. And i'm not that imprest. it feels too much like hitman 2-slow

although the graphic effects are brilliant.
Your views?
Wed 26/03/03 at 18:03
"For the horde!!!!"
DJ Malcior wrote:
> played demo for both the PS2 and PC. And i'm not that imprest. it
> feels too much like hitman 2-slow

slow is the whole idea isn't it?
Wed 26/03/03 at 18:54
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Well, not really. It's one idea. It's not about fast/slow, it's about light and dark. My review's on ukreviews.com and a longer one'll be up at www.acegamez.com soon enough, PS2 version. It really is a brilliant game.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As it's a stealth game where the whole idea is to complete your objectives with the enemies hopefully not spotting you then of course it's going to be slow. It's not a Doom clone where you just go all guns blazing into a room and kill everything, you have to actually think of how you're going to go about a mission attracting the minimum amount of attention.
Thu 27/03/03 at 15:27
lalakersrule wrote:
> As it's a stealth game where the whole idea is to complete your
> objectives with the enemies hopefully not spotting you then of course
> it's going to be slow. It's not a Doom clone where you just go all
> guns blazing into a room and kill everything, you have to actually
> think of how you're going to go about a mission attracting the minimum
> amount of attention.

Yes. This is the main appeal to me. I love stealth and strategy games. MGS blew me away on the PS1 since I first read about it way back in early issues of OPSM1. It was the first true taste of stealth action for me.
Then MGS2 on the PS2 was very much an improved game, with great graphics, AI, story and stealthiness. Was a bit short and way long on cut-scenes but fantastic.

My greatest experience so far has got to be Hitman 2, a well class game with loads of different ways to complete a level, big selection of weapons and a good story. One of the best stealth games.

Now Splinter Cell comes along with its own take on the stealth action, and suprisingly it looks alright. New features for a stealth game, throw cans, climb walls and the infra-red and night vision goggles; add a whole new dimension to the game.
Can't wait, it'll turn up tomorrow morning and I'll have the whole weekend to decide whether the demo did it any justuce and they've improved or if its just utter cack...

I'll have to wait and see.
Fri 28/03/03 at 16:59
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I wasn't too impressed here, although in light of the consistantly good reviews, I might have another bash at the OPS2M demo we had some months back.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I just got back from my local Indie store (cost a couple of quid more than SR but hey, I had the money and I wanted it NOW) with Splinter Cell.

First impressions: Nice box, I'll play it after tea and post more then :P
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Complete Banker"
FantasyMeister wrote:

> First impressions: Nice box, I'll play it after tea and post more then

To be honest, I don't gauge the quality of a game on the box. There may be some corrolation though.... :P
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
*Takes of wrapper*

Manual smells nice...

More later.
Fri 28/03/03 at 18:46
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
My review

http://www.acegamez.com/Tom_Clancys_Splinter_Cell_PS2.htm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.