GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube Beats PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 22:25
Regular
YES!! Thats correct, last week Gamecube sold more than the PS2 did! Due to Metroid Prime and the price slashing going on, presumbably...

Cube Europe:
"For the week ending March 22nd the GameCube has managed to sell 60% more than the previous week. PS2, Xbox and GBA all dropped by about 10-15%.

Nintendo of Europe's PR agent Shelly Friend recently spoke about this issue:
"We've had a great week - GameCube sold around 14,000 units in the UK and on top of that Metroid Prime launched at number one in the all- formats charts. Now we're just looking forward to the launch of GBA SP which we expect to be a great success."

This Friday sees the release of GBA SP in Europe so expect more high sales from Nintendo. "
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
YES!! Thats correct, last week Gamecube sold more than the PS2 did! Due to Metroid Prime and the price slashing going on, presumbably...

Cube Europe:
"For the week ending March 22nd the GameCube has managed to sell 60% more than the previous week. PS2, Xbox and GBA all dropped by about 10-15%.

Nintendo of Europe's PR agent Shelly Friend recently spoke about this issue:
"We've had a great week - GameCube sold around 14,000 units in the UK and on top of that Metroid Prime launched at number one in the all- formats charts. Now we're just looking forward to the launch of GBA SP which we expect to be a great success."

This Friday sees the release of GBA SP in Europe so expect more high sales from Nintendo. "
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ah, you beat me to this by a matter of minutes.

Only, I posted it in FOG (Chat), just so everyone sees.

:-D
Wed 26/03/03 at 08:13
Surely that’s just to do with the great deals Argos and Dixons group are offering.

I know for one that I couldn’t resist a bargain like that ;)
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Seasoned Samurai wrote:
> Surely that’s just to do with the great deals Argos and Dixons group
> are offering.

Of course, there was this game released last week. Dont know much about it myself.. something to do creatures called Metroids?
Wed 26/03/03 at 12:29
But deffinetly more to do with the price slash, than the game tho
Wed 26/03/03 at 16:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Not entirely true.

Metroid Prime is top of the All Formats chart now...
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If I new little about Nintendo except Mario, £80 for a GC is more tempting than some obscure shoot em'up with odd controls.
Wed 26/03/03 at 20:01
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
That'll teach those PS2 fanboys.
Wed 26/03/03 at 21:22
"The Will of D."
"Sock it to 'em NINTY!"
Wed 26/03/03 at 21:29
Regular
"Conker the King"
Its the best news I've heard all week. That'll wipe the smiles off there PS2 loving faces! All it needs now is for NOE to drop the price of the Cube Europe-wide, then it'll (hopefully) be at the top in EVERY country. I cant wait to see the look on those smug b------s faces!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Oh!! and roll on May the 3rd that'll be even better. Its just gonna get better and better and better and better.............

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.