GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube outsells PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 22:32
Regular
"The GameCube is now outselling the PS2 in the UK!

With the past week seeing price-slashed consoles and the release of a much awaiting AAA title, Metroid Prime, the GameCube has been flying off the shelves!

For the week ending March 22nd the GameCube has managed to sell 60% more than the previous week. PS2, Xbox and GBA all dropped by about 10-15%.

Nintendo of Europe's PR agent Shelly Friend recently spoke about this issue:
"We've had a great week - GameCube sold around 14,000 units in the UK and on top of that Metroid Prime launched at number one in the all- formats charts. Now we're just looking forward to the launch of GBA SP which we expect to be a great success."

This Friday sees the release of GBA SP in Europe so expect more high sales from Nintendo."

Taken from ://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=3949

Good. :-D
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:46
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Seeing as how Argos and Dixons are selling so many at the lower price, maybe Nintendo will cut the RRP for everyone. That would = excellence.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:03
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
This can only be good news for Gamecubes future, Argos are now restocking and have decided not to stop selling it.
Wed 26/03/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Finally, these idiot members of the general public are starting to see sense.
Wed 26/03/03 at 09:45
"slightlyshortertagl"
T'was expected
Wed 26/03/03 at 09:23
Regular
"everyone says it"
Zelda will be the fastest selling game ever in Europe.
Wed 26/03/03 at 09:03
"For the horde!!!!"
yep and Zelda: The wind waker is out in May so there is another AAA title exclusive for the Gamecube.

We also have mario kart, F-zero and mario 128 to look forward to in a few months.

MGS 2 had too much hype but it was still a good, I don't know what MGS Substance is like though but from what I have read it's just VR missions with new modes added to MGS 2.
Tue 25/03/03 at 23:47
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> I recko it's because most people already have a PS2 and the Gamecube
> is the next best console.

You do? I reckon it has more to do with the month containing 5 exclusive games for all ages (Phantasy Star Online, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 0, Sonic Mega Collection and Super Monkey Ball 2). Damn good advertisement for Resident Evil 0 (controversal stuff) and not bad advertisement for Metroid Prime and Metroid got just under the ammount of advertisement done to it in europe than the Gamecube did. I also put it down to two major game chains reducing the price of the Gamecube with a game to £99 and £80.

Oh and of course the Metroid/Gamecube bundle for the normal Gamecube price.

Of course this is awful news for the X-box. Major title MGS: Substance and the massive release of X-box live actually made the sales drop.

Deary me.
Tue 25/03/03 at 23:05
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Starlight wrote:
> I recko it's because most people already have a PS2 and the Gamecube
> is the next best console.
>
> But yeah, go Metroid!

---

Yeah, maybe.

And yeah, go Metroid. Supèr!
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:46
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Garlic Bread, I wrote a sequel to 'Dear Special Reserve' did you know. Its labelled 'Dear Special Observe' it would be further down the page or onto the next, i suspect
Tue 25/03/03 at 22:43
Regular
"Hallelujah"
I recon its because people want an expensive paper weight and the Gamebubes a nice size/shape

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.