GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life help needed!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/12/01 at 21:28
Regular
Right, maybe you guys can help me out on this one.

I seem to be a little stuck in Half-Life (PS2). There are some cheat codes on UKcheats.com which might help me out which should be activated at the Cheat Code menu - how do you get to the cheat code menu? I haven't found it.

If not, I'll let you know my problem. In the 'On A Rail' section, I got to some big red Blast Doors. I wandered around and killed some soldiers before climbing up into a high air vent and crawling through to an office where I dropped down, killed some stuff, took out a huge gun emplacement in front of a brick wall. Now I'm stuck!

I think the game wanted me to launch the rocket in the previous area but, as I wandered through to this next area, I can't get the Blast Doors open to get back to the train or the area where I think I need to launch the rocket. I can't get back into the air vent to go back as it is up high and there is nothing to climb on (crates won't be pushed through the door due to dodgy collision detection thinking the door is too narrow).

Am I missing something really obvious or am I stranded?
Tue 11/12/01 at 11:23
you'll see a brick wall ahead. Three Grunts stand on a raised platform left of the brick wall. Kill them and collect gear from the platform. Take the exit across the room from the raised platform. Around a corner several Grunts and Vortigaunts engage in close combat. Let them fight, and kill the survivors when the gunplay stops. Round the corner and approach a boarded-up doorway. Break down the boards to find a Security Guard in a small office, along with some small crates. Take ammo from the crates. Across from the small office is an alcove with soda machines and a First Aid Station, plus a Battery in a crate. Kill the Headcrabs in here and take the loot. Save the game and round another corner. A fortified Gun Emplacement has been set up across the rail from you. Kill the Grunt manning the emplacement.

Now proceed through a pair of big red doors labeled "Caution: Blast Danger." Before you do, note the ramp-like ledges on either side of this door. If you jump and crawl up them, you can collect a Battery located just above the red doors. Open the red blast doors and note the pair of Laser Mines just beyond.

Does this help?
Tue 11/12/01 at 10:20
yea beause i'm getting dmc and and i want ether half life or ssx tricky or james bond
Tue 11/12/01 at 10:16
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Yep, I reckon so. Until I got stuck I was really enjoying it on the PS2. Best FPS for a console I've ever played.
Tue 11/12/01 at 10:15
should i get this game?
Tue 11/12/01 at 10:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
If I remember rightly, and it's been a LONG time since I played this...

You need to climb up opposite the massive red blast door, there's a ledge you can get along and then there's a way out from there.

I think.
Mon 10/12/01 at 23:37
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Nope, the cheat hasn't done it. I was hoping the xen gravity would allow me to jump back up to the duct but I still can't reach it.

The rocket is the one to launch the satelite (I think).
Mon 10/12/01 at 23:04
There is a cheat code menu in the options. The book says to follow the on screen instructions to activate the cheat.

As with where you are stuck, I can't really help you. I have completed the PC version, but I haven't played that for so long, that I have forgotten. But, what rocket are you talking about?
Mon 10/12/01 at 22:28
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
There is nothing I can see up where the 3 grunts are. Next to that is a bricked up passageway. Opposite them is the doorway through to the corridor with the boarded up Barney, past that is the left turn to the gun emplacement and another red door. Still stuck I'm afraid and I still can't find how to get to this alleged cheat menu.
Mon 10/12/01 at 22:20
I think the exit is across the room from the raised platform (where 3 grunts are)
Mon 10/12/01 at 22:18
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Yep, there is a boarded up door with a guard hiding inside. It's the bit by the BIG, ceiling high gun enplacement, just past the place where you can find the room at the bottom of the rocket infested with those little crab things.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.