GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half Life help needed!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/12/01 at 21:28
Regular
Right, maybe you guys can help me out on this one.

I seem to be a little stuck in Half-Life (PS2). There are some cheat codes on UKcheats.com which might help me out which should be activated at the Cheat Code menu - how do you get to the cheat code menu? I haven't found it.

If not, I'll let you know my problem. In the 'On A Rail' section, I got to some big red Blast Doors. I wandered around and killed some soldiers before climbing up into a high air vent and crawling through to an office where I dropped down, killed some stuff, took out a huge gun emplacement in front of a brick wall. Now I'm stuck!

I think the game wanted me to launch the rocket in the previous area but, as I wandered through to this next area, I can't get the Blast Doors open to get back to the train or the area where I think I need to launch the rocket. I can't get back into the air vent to go back as it is up high and there is nothing to climb on (crates won't be pushed through the door due to dodgy collision detection thinking the door is too narrow).

Am I missing something really obvious or am I stranded?
Sat 09/04/11 at 10:15
Regular
"Mistakes happen"
Wed 12/12/01 at 14:07
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
loki wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't get back to that area, being stuck in the next section
> having crawled through a vent. So I can't launch the rocket.

DOH!
Wed 12/12/01 at 12:16
Ahhh right. Is there a box or summat you can use to climb back up? You aint got start from the beginning have ya??

Lucky you :)
Wed 12/12/01 at 12:13
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Unfortunately I can't get back to that area, being stuck in the next section having crawled through a vent. So I can't launch the rocket. It looks to me like flawed level design that leads to a dead end if you enter the air ducts at this particular time.

Grrrr... I'm writing to Vivendi.

Thanks for all your advice guys. I appreciate it.
Wed 12/12/01 at 12:06
I think you were right, you do have to launch the rocket first.

To get to it push the 2 boxes around the side of the stairs and use them to pass the trip lasers.
Then you should find the control room.

This area is right of that big floored hole in the ground.

Then the blast doors should open......should :)
Wed 12/12/01 at 11:20
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Yep, afraid I am still stuck.
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:32
From the beginning of the level (On A Rail) to the bit where your stuck i thinks you should've pressed 5 switches (that includes levers and shooting at switches), then again i might be wrong....i'll post another message here later with more detail on them,

By the way are u still stuck?
Tue 11/12/01 at 14:13
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
is this the bit where u have to launch the rocket into space. if so then this is what u have to do.go into the offices and find a button that will launch the rocket, then if i remember correctly the blast doors open again. (if its the part i think your talking about) if u r still stuck goto planethalflife.com, they have a very good walk thru for the pc version (it should be the same as ps2 version).

hope this helps you :)
Tue 11/12/01 at 13:39
From memory, I don't get it - because I know what bits I have trouble with and this wasn't one of them - my problem was taking out the geezer at the gun emplacement.

Is there a wheel or lever that you're missing?

And.... for the record, I had Half-Life on the PC and never completed it, jumped at the change of PS2 Half-Life and it STILL makes me cack my pants on a regular basis.

STILL the best game ever made....
Tue 11/12/01 at 12:33
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Thanks for your help on this. That is exactly the right section. My problem is that I cannot proceed through the doors marked 'Caution: Blast Danger' because they firmly shut on me. I'll have another look round tonight but I definately couldn't open them last time I tried.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.