GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toys"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/03/11 at 12:24
"possibly impossible"
I've recently got into a habit of collecting newer versions of some of the toys I used to have as a kid.

I've now got a small collection of Star Wars and Transformers toys laying around my study. Not sure why, but it just sort of brings back the nostalgia, as well as the new versions looking a lot better than the old models in most cases.

It is amazing what Hasbro have done with the Transformers and Star Wars range, though the latter could do with a lot more of the decent figures; where's Empire Luke with the black suit or a decent Han Solo with the waistcoat rather than the Hoth coat?

I found a small Megatron the other day in Tesco that looks so much better than the larger sized one I used to have as a kid, they've managed to fit more detail and make it look more like the cartoon Megatron than the old models ever did, all in a much smaller space.

However, the best version of Megatron and Optimus Prime I've seen are These ones . So tempted to hunt them down.

Anyone else found themselves collecting or pining after toys like this?
Tue 15/03/11 at 22:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
DL's Dungeon has 'shed loads' of Lego + boxes (in most cases) ....all at least 25 yrs old ... any takers?
Tue 15/03/11 at 22:01
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Haven't been collecting toys for myself, but I have for my little sister. Found myself searching for the toys that I used to play with when I was younger. Mainly old train sets. Thankfully we kept my old lego, so am prepared for standing on stray pieces over night. Must admit that it's fun to look around!
Fri 11/03/11 at 17:28
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I've been collecting Star Wars Lego recently. Started when I got the other half to buy me an X-Wing at Xmas. I missed the whole transformers phase, when I was younger it was all the Power Ranger stuff I had to have. I inherited a full collection of MASK toys as well but gave them away. Quite gutted seeing how much even 'used' toys are fetching on ebay.

I always remember at a school fare a boxed Millennium falcon sold for 50p. Someone got a bargain there! I tried persuading my mum to buy me it but I already had too much "crap"
Fri 11/03/11 at 17:03
"possibly impossible"
The new AT-AT and Falcon are great as well. So much more on them now.

I too used to have all those toys, Snow Speeders, AT-STs, even the hard-to-get Emperor. Of course, in those days everyone sold them on after they'd finished with them. Oh, how foolish!

Still, the new Star Wars figures have more detail and more articulation points, so it's not all bad.
Fri 11/03/11 at 14:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
I still want an AT-AT Walker. Have got my Millenium Falcon from when I was younger (even if I have lost the 'lasers' that fired from it's cannon).
Fri 11/03/11 at 12:24
"possibly impossible"
I've recently got into a habit of collecting newer versions of some of the toys I used to have as a kid.

I've now got a small collection of Star Wars and Transformers toys laying around my study. Not sure why, but it just sort of brings back the nostalgia, as well as the new versions looking a lot better than the old models in most cases.

It is amazing what Hasbro have done with the Transformers and Star Wars range, though the latter could do with a lot more of the decent figures; where's Empire Luke with the black suit or a decent Han Solo with the waistcoat rather than the Hoth coat?

I found a small Megatron the other day in Tesco that looks so much better than the larger sized one I used to have as a kid, they've managed to fit more detail and make it look more like the cartoon Megatron than the old models ever did, all in a much smaller space.

However, the best version of Megatron and Optimus Prime I've seen are These ones . So tempted to hunt them down.

Anyone else found themselves collecting or pining after toys like this?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.