GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's the Oldest Member?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/06/07 at 00:42
Regular
"Mooching around"
It's a question that just struck me. I mean we often have a quick banter on how long we've been here for, and it usually turns up as Machie who's the oldest.

But I mean overal, who was here before you? Who mocked you into your welcome party of SR?

Oldest I could think of was Your Honour...

My oldest account has been here around 1500 days, so I'm quite young, but what about you?
Tue 19/06/07 at 14:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm not the oldest member. Not even close I think. I was around at the beginning though. It took me a long time to build up the courage to sign up though...
Tue 19/06/07 at 14:09
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Machie wrote:
> I'm also one of the few memebers who never actually stepped into
> a SR store =)
>
> Oh and when I won GAD I would check ebay for the games that sold
> well and would choose one of them and keep the money. ^^ I think
> I wasnt the only one to do that though.

I also went into a Special Reserve store, in fact, hundrerds of times as it was adjacent to my local cinema.

I went in Special Reserve in Basildon every other week to buy a game, that's how I found the website. I earned platinum membership and had a subscription to their games magazine, which had all their prices and games releases and stuff. I bought the majority of my PS2 games from their and whenever I wanted a game, SR was he place, because when most stores were charging £30-40 for PS2 games, SR were selling them for less than £30.

Beat that ;)

I also remember my original tagline being "Rock On Fifa", and for my username I used the symbols off of Microsoft Word, for example I had the bigger B (Thats German for SS) and an upside down "i" in Biggie ;)

Good times.
Tue 19/06/07 at 14:00
Regular
Yer, even I knew SR had physical retail outlets. :P Come to think of it, EB was the only one who bothered to talk to me when I came on board too. He was somewhat interrogating, as I recall, but his gal Lori was a gem. <3 I do recall I was quite a popular n00b and verbally pummeled daily. Then, there was Light.. I think it started when I pointed out how he was inconsistent with his thought pattern in one of his posts. If you ever meet him, take this advice.. just nod like a bobblehead and you'll be just fine. ;)
Tue 19/06/07 at 13:02
Regular
Wow, there was actually a physical store? Sounds kinda cool. Anyway, I remember when I first came here. The only person I remember being nice to me was EB, oh and Rai.
Tue 19/06/07 at 12:57
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The Nottingham shop is still there all boarded up and derelict
Tue 19/06/07 at 12:45
Regular
I'm also one of the few memebers who never actually stepped into a SR store =)

Oh and when I won GAD I would check ebay for the games that sold well and would choose one of them and keep the money. ^^ I think I wasnt the only one to do that though.
Tue 19/06/07 at 12:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The first ones I remember were the ones who posted in the wrestling forum - Cong Man, Very Metal, Wardy, Kawada and Grandprix off the top of my head.

I posted in there mainly before moving onto the other forums and I've been registered for just under 2 years although I was a member of the SR club since about 1994.
Tue 19/06/07 at 12:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I signed up 2147 days ago (5 years and 321 days) after getting emails from Freeola when I bought a domain name from them - never really been a gamer and have never even attempted to win a GAD (or a FAD back then).

I just lurked at first but my first few posts got derisary comments from Goatboy. I remember WookieMonster being a friendly guy and a few others, too.

My original name was 'TIM-MAY!!' but I changed it because people thought my real name was Tim May.
Tue 19/06/07 at 12:31
Regular
I remember when they were creating the forum. I only signed up to post a comment about finally buying a Dreamcast. That was 2629 days ago (7 years 2 months).

Cooky is probably the oldest one who still posts infrequently. I think Ant signed up a day or two before me so that's still almost half a year before you pb. Did you have another account before this one?

My claim to fame is that it took me almost 4 years to become a regular =) (Which iN those days you needed to make 30 posts right?)
Tue 19/06/07 at 12:20
"LOLLERSKATES!"
The first people I really spoke to were Silent Thunder and English_Bloke, they were both quite helpful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.