GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Downloading Paid iPod Touch Apps"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/03/11 at 02:24
"The Videogame King"
One of the bad things about downloading paid iPod Touch apps (along with the fact that they cost money) is that you have no idea whether you are going to like the app or not. Like say if you pay 1.99 for an app that you really wanted and you don't like it, that's 1.99 down the drain.
Tue 15/03/11 at 20:35
"The Videogame King"
i recently received an update for an app i have called AppFree where you can get apps for free in a VIP section using VIP points that you can earn by downloading one of the apps listed in the VIP points menu.
Tue 08/03/11 at 14:27
"possibly impossible"
Another game free for a short time and worth picking up: Minigore. Great little twinstick shooter.
Tue 08/03/11 at 02:23
"The Videogame King"
I found a paid time lapse app that was temporarily free and I use it to create cool stop-motion movies.

The app is called iTimeLapse
Sat 05/03/11 at 17:48
Regular
"How Ironic"
I have no trouble getting apps on my ipod...

*wink wink*
Sat 05/03/11 at 16:35
"The Videogame King"
A few days ago I downloaded the FreeAppADay app. It's an app where you can see and download paid apps that have been made temporarily free and wish for paid apps to become temporarily free, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to come true.

I found out about this app from the descriptions of other paid apps on the app store that have been made free for a limited time.

It will say:

"Download the FreeAppADay app and wish for other apps like this to be free for a day"

or something like that.
Thu 03/03/11 at 02:02
"The Videogame King"
Sometimes, they make paid apps free for a limited time. I usually wait for that to happen.
Wed 02/03/11 at 14:50
"possibly impossible"
Hmmm... wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]But that's the same with anything...

Not quite.
Here's Android Market's refund policy.
You only have 15 minutes but often that's long enough to decide if something's a 'croc' and decide you want a full refund!

If only Apple could keep up ;¬)

Androidfanboi
[s]Hmmm...[/s][/i]

Far better to move to a IAP system that many developers are now putting in place. Starfront: Collision, Sacred Odyssey and others have moved to a 'play first chapter or so then pay to unlock full version' model. You can keep the free version for as long as you want and it doesn't require 2 apps like the current 'free' versions of full games.

As it's set by Developers it should be available across any platform too.
Wed 02/03/11 at 13:06
"The Videogame King"
Their are also free versions of paid apps that I downloaded that I know I want the full version of because I already know a bit of what it's going to be like.

For instance:

Pro Truck Rally
Meowcenaries (also plaid that one on [adult swim.com])
Reckless Racing
Family Guy Time Warped
Wed 02/03/11 at 12:50
"The Videogame King"
Hmmm... wrote:

You only have 15 minutes but often that's long enough to decide if something's a 'croc' and decide you want a full refund!

That would be nice
Wed 02/03/11 at 09:20
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
But that's the same with anything...

Not quite.
Here's Android Market's refund policy.

Androidfanboi
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.