GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... I bought a PS3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/02/11 at 21:14
Regular
"hulagadoo"
As the title says, I got a PS3. Picked it up yesterday whilst in Tesco, 320gb slim model. Looking for some advice as to which games I should pick up. I got Little Big Planet 2 bundled with it and I bought Uncharted 2 because it was cheap.

Haven't tried out LBP2, doesn't really look like it will appeal to me, I'm thinking of selling it. Is Heavy Rain good? Looked nice when I seen it advertised on the TV ages ago. What about DC Universe? More interested in the exclusives.

Edit - Whats your PSN IDs? I'm quite lonely on it just now! Oh and is there any benefit of paying for the PSN? Am I still able to play online if I'm not a paying member?

Edit 2 - I remember hearing about MAG, is it pay to play?
Mon 28/02/11 at 22:12
"possibly impossible"
dav2612 wrote:
I'f recommend the Motorstorm games for some off-road racing carnage.

PSN ID: dav2612

Ah, yes, Motorstorm and Pacific Rift are both great. Heavenly Sword is worth a play through and is cheap now. God of War Collection and God Of War III are a good choice too.
Mon 28/02/11 at 21:48
Regular
"How Ironic"
Sorry gr13ve, just interrupt here :P My own PS3 arrived today.

PSN ID - Crizzle11
Mon 28/02/11 at 21:37
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I'll add you lot the next time I'm on, my PSN ID is 'TheGrieve' all of my other variations were taken :-(

I picked up Infamous from Gamestation yesterday for a fiver, seems ok from what I've played. I decided to give LBP2 a go but I've really got no idea what is going on, I'll need to have a proper day or so at it seeing as I've only done the tutorials. Also picked up a £20 PSN card when I was in Tesco today so I'll give some of PB's recommendations a bash.
Sun 27/02/11 at 08:41
Regular
"And in last place.."
I'f recommend the Motorstorm games for some off-road racing carnage.

I really liked Heavy Rain on the first play through but by the time I'de finished all the endings I was sick of it.

I'd like to add Super Stardust to pb's PSN games list. And remove Outrun as it's been pulled since the Ferrari license expired, shame, fine game too.

PSN ID: dav2612
Sun 27/02/11 at 00:09
"possibly impossible"
MAG isn't subscription based, but it is pretty hardcore.

Also recommend getting stuff on PSN:
Warhawk, Wipeout HD, Trine, Pixeljunk games (Monsters, shooter, Eden), Peggle, Outrun Online Arcade, Gravity Crash

(psn pb-live)
Sat 26/02/11 at 23:42
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Heavy Rain is pretty good, but it sort of has no replay value for me, as much as I'd like to see the other finishes, the pacing is a little slow to facilitate.

I guess it depends on what games you like playing as to what exclusives to suggest to get.

I've not heard particularly good things about DC Universe, really.

You don't need to pay to play PSN online, a PS+ subscription is something that I've not *really* seen much to make me want to get it, depends on how much you plan on buying PS Store stuff.

EDIT: MAG I don't believe has a subscription service, but don't hold me to that, not seen any on the store.

PSN ID is as named myself: HighflyerVII
Sat 26/02/11 at 21:41
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Maybe could have waited, I'm fairly sure I read about a significant price cut coming soon.
Anyway, Heavy Rain is awesome. Haven't played the other two but I wasn't overly impressed with Drake's Fortune and Little Big Planet is OK I guess.
There's no point in me giving my PSN, I'm reliant on a BT Openzone connection that isn't fast enough to get online. I've posted it here somewhere.
Sat 26/02/11 at 21:14
Regular
"hulagadoo"
As the title says, I got a PS3. Picked it up yesterday whilst in Tesco, 320gb slim model. Looking for some advice as to which games I should pick up. I got Little Big Planet 2 bundled with it and I bought Uncharted 2 because it was cheap.

Haven't tried out LBP2, doesn't really look like it will appeal to me, I'm thinking of selling it. Is Heavy Rain good? Looked nice when I seen it advertised on the TV ages ago. What about DC Universe? More interested in the exclusives.

Edit - Whats your PSN IDs? I'm quite lonely on it just now! Oh and is there any benefit of paying for the PSN? Am I still able to play online if I'm not a paying member?

Edit 2 - I remember hearing about MAG, is it pay to play?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.