GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... I bought a PS3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/02/11 at 21:14
Regular
"hulagadoo"
As the title says, I got a PS3. Picked it up yesterday whilst in Tesco, 320gb slim model. Looking for some advice as to which games I should pick up. I got Little Big Planet 2 bundled with it and I bought Uncharted 2 because it was cheap.

Haven't tried out LBP2, doesn't really look like it will appeal to me, I'm thinking of selling it. Is Heavy Rain good? Looked nice when I seen it advertised on the TV ages ago. What about DC Universe? More interested in the exclusives.

Edit - Whats your PSN IDs? I'm quite lonely on it just now! Oh and is there any benefit of paying for the PSN? Am I still able to play online if I'm not a paying member?

Edit 2 - I remember hearing about MAG, is it pay to play?
Wed 02/03/11 at 23:38
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I'll also say that I concur with pb's recommendation of the PixelJunk games, they're generally quite nicely done, and Eden's a little different to most things available at the moment (Racers is one that I'm not so sure on, the demo has me completely unconvinced on the gameplay side). PJShooter 2 came out today, incidentally, but i'll probably wait until at least I've finished the first one before getting that (although I too have £20 in my account waiting to be spent).
Wed 02/03/11 at 22:41
"possibly impossible"
More in line with Xbox 360 updates was one of the reasons Sony didn't give.
Wed 02/03/11 at 21:03
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Used to be Thursdays a while back, but it was moved to Wednesdays for...some reason of which I forget.
Wed 02/03/11 at 19:22
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
PSN updates are on Thursdays are they not? Is it different this week?

EDIT: Apprently it is. Is it Thurs normally though?
Wed 02/03/11 at 15:28
"possibly impossible"
Don't forget guys - PSN updates later today. Check out PS3 Blog (Euro one) for update.

Also PSN+ owners get Sonic The Hedgehog free today (and the original Guilty Gear) and Sonic 2 next month.
Tue 01/03/11 at 16:00
Regular
"How Ironic"
gr13ve wrote:
Sonic Chris wrote:
[i]Anyone's opinion on Unchartered 2? A friend of mine said he'd lend me some games while I wait to get my own.

I really can't fault it, although I am struggling to get to grips with the shooting as it's reversed from the 360 (R1 is fire opposed to the trigger) I could probably change it but I'm too lazy.[/i]

Know what you mean, was so dissapointed to find that out. I actually prefer the triggers on the PS3 controller, but they're grenades usually :(
Tue 01/03/11 at 10:02
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Sonic Chris wrote:
Anyone's opinion on Unchartered 2? A friend of mine said he'd lend me some games while I wait to get my own.

I really can't fault it, although I am struggling to get to grips with the shooting as it's reversed from the 360 (R1 is fire opposed to the trigger) I could probably change it but I'm too lazy.
Tue 01/03/11 at 09:01
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Get it. It's really enjoyable and the multiplayer side of things is still fairly popular. Probably my favourite PS3 title so far.
Tue 01/03/11 at 07:58
Regular
"How Ironic"
Anyone's opinion on Unchartered 2? A friend of mine said he'd lend me some games while I wait to get my own.
Tue 01/03/11 at 00:24
"The Videogame King"
pb wrote:
dav2612 wrote:
[i]I'f recommend the Motorstorm games for some off-road racing carnage.

PSN ID: dav2612

Ah, yes, Motorstorm and Pacific Rift are both great. Heavenly Sword is worth a play through and is cheap now. God of War Collection and God Of War III are a good choice too.[/i]

The motorstorm games have been on my list for a long time. I need to scrape up the money to buy them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.