GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR Site posters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/12/01 at 11:26
Regular
It seems to me there are 3 types of poster n this site, in terms of the amount and how often they post.

1. The REAL regular - messages everyday, in the top 100 of posters that week and all time regularly - eg. Grix, Wookiemonster, Pb, SSX Pro etc (How do they do it?) They have all been on for a long time, yet some are on for only a few days, and have posted huge amounts of messages.

2. The 'casual' browser - On the site for a long time - 200+ days, and posted only a few messages - myself (250 days - i think, and only 450 messages so far) included.

3. The non-poster. I don't know if they browse and not post, but they are on for along time, or a short time and do not leave much evidence of them being here. eg - auf.

What do you think?
Sun 09/12/01 at 11:26
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It seems to me there are 3 types of poster n this site, in terms of the amount and how often they post.

1. The REAL regular - messages everyday, in the top 100 of posters that week and all time regularly - eg. Grix, Wookiemonster, Pb, SSX Pro etc (How do they do it?) They have all been on for a long time, yet some are on for only a few days, and have posted huge amounts of messages.

2. The 'casual' browser - On the site for a long time - 200+ days, and posted only a few messages - myself (250 days - i think, and only 450 messages so far) included.

3. The non-poster. I don't know if they browse and not post, but they are on for along time, or a short time and do not leave much evidence of them being here. eg - auf.

What do you think?
Sun 09/12/01 at 15:04
Regular
so i go under catagory 1. do i?
Sun 09/12/01 at 15:10
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Kid Rock wrote:
> so i go under catagory 1. do i?

Well, I'm not going to say too much, or I'll end up offending people, but the bottom line is this: too much emphasis is put on the post count. They could be the biggest spammer in the world and be no. 1 on post count and have more acclaim than someone who writes quality posts with the best word count you've ever seen. It does annoy me the post count is put before the word count, as it should be vice verca.

FB.
Sun 09/12/01 at 15:18
Regular
so in another words you are saying i spammed my way to number 1 shaneo?
Sun 09/12/01 at 15:31
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Kid Rock wrote:
> so in another words you are saying i spammed my way to number 1 shaneo?

No, well, when I first came here, you seemed like a spammer, but what I was trying to say is that you've improved a lot. A few posts I just read, were actually quite good and raised some decent points.

By, the way, I'm not Shaneo. It all started when Ice Blaster replied to my topic in the WWF forum and said "Now what was the point in that Shaneo? Boosting your word count?". He then replied and said "LOL, sorry firebalt, I was talking to shaneo whilst reading ands replying to this and got muddled up: my mistake.", retracting his previous statement.

So, let's try and sort this out on MSN!

FB.
Sun 09/12/01 at 15:48
Regular
I spammed? if you can go and find a topic that i spammed in then i will admit it until then...
Sun 09/12/01 at 16:11
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Firebalt wrote:
It does annoy me the
> post count is put before the word count, as it should be vice verca.

I agree, and not because if it was the other way around I would go up about 40 places on the board!
Sun 09/12/01 at 16:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
I agree with Firebalt, because I'm 1st on all-time word count. {:)
Sun 09/12/01 at 17:14
Regular
Poster type one: Me. (And me.)

Yeah, and you.

Poster type two: Everyone else.

I rule.
Sun 09/12/01 at 17:19
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
> so in another words you are saying i spammed my way to number 1 shaneo?

I'll say that if you want : You spammed your way to No 1.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.