GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wwf smackdown opinions?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/12/01 at 02:46
Regular
ok i'm getting a PS2 for xmas with GTA3 (it's illegal not to) anyway i'm temted to get wwf smackdown and i've read the reviews but no ones mentioned what has been the biggest problem with wwf games and that is the delayed responce time on button presses. just wanted to know if they've imporved this and how it plays ect
Sun 09/12/01 at 23:25
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
thanx for the replies guys that helped me out a bit.

i'll think i might rent it and leave it at that :)
Sun 09/12/01 at 21:01
Actually, I think it's rather good, although I haven't played any other Smackdown games previously. Coming from the N64 stable, I was pleasantly surprised by the quicker, more fluid pace. However, I was disppointed by the lack of Too Cool (as Ant is will testify) and the crappy Story Modem, which always seemed to start off with Vince McMahon. Oh, and the controls. SOmetimes they felt unresponsive.
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:34
Regular
he might try and sell it in our local paper
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:29
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
> yeh that what he said i wonder who will buy it

A complete and utter idiot! thats who will buy it!
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:29
Regular
SSX Tricky is £45 every where in town (unless he buys it from SR)
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:27
Regular
yeh that what he said i wonder who will buy it
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:26
I think the game is great in multiplayer but the story mode is really poor, and although there fun there are only so many exhibition matches you can play before that starts to lose intrest. The only thing which kept bringing me back to the original smackdown was the story mode but this time around it's pants and the only thing bringing me back to it is to beat my sister and mates at it in the excellent multiplayer.
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:23
Regular
Selling it for £35?! lol! I got it for £29.99 brand new!
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:19
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Does anyone actually like this game? Surly there is someone that likes it here.
> Didnt longy like it at first?

Longy loved it he gave it 10/10 said the story mode had changed and is now better and "I couldnt handle the change" and he just absolutely loved it and now he is selling it for £35 (who to longy?) and getting SSX tricky instead

Do you know its £45 i paid with my vouchers
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:16
Regular
Does anyone actually like this game? Surly there is someone that likes it here. Didnt longy like it at first?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.