GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wwf smackdown opinions?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/12/01 at 02:46
Regular
ok i'm getting a PS2 for xmas with GTA3 (it's illegal not to) anyway i'm temted to get wwf smackdown and i've read the reviews but no ones mentioned what has been the biggest problem with wwf games and that is the delayed responce time on button presses. just wanted to know if they've imporved this and how it plays ect
Sun 09/12/01 at 02:46
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
ok i'm getting a PS2 for xmas with GTA3 (it's illegal not to) anyway i'm temted to get wwf smackdown and i've read the reviews but no ones mentioned what has been the biggest problem with wwf games and that is the delayed responce time on button presses. just wanted to know if they've imporved this and how it plays ect
Sun 09/12/01 at 09:55
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
It's *very* short, I'm actually thinking of part-exchanging mine in for Tony Hawk's 3 as I am sorely disappointed with it to be honest.

It hasn't had much play-time at all...
Sun 09/12/01 at 10:01
Regular
yeh get SSX Tricky instead
Sun 09/12/01 at 11:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Its what of those games that its good to have, and its not. Graphics wise you really cant fault the game, it plays and runs smoothly and never really glitches. The wrestlers all look good and like there real life counter parts, they all have the same moves as they do on TV, with all the same taunts and all the entrances which look great and add the feel to the game. The ring too is large, you have the usual ring which you are able to get out, you can also run up the ramp, into the crowd, and in some matched back stage.

But thats what the game has aimed for, to look pretty. The season mode is rubbish, it ends as soon as your character wins a belt. The aim they were looking for was to get all the items you have to finish it with every character, and while that makes sence, its boring. Everytime the story line is much the same, with only a few different ones to pick through, and playing through the 40+ characters is n a tough job, that you will soon give up on. There is not enough depth.

Where the game excells though is multiplayer. Its great to fight a mate, or if you have a multitap, 3-4 mates. There is nothing more fun than 3 of you ganging up on the poor chap left. There are loads of different types of matched to pick so this will last you a while in this area.

In the end its up to you whether you get it, but if you do, dont expect it to last all that long on 1 player, but with multiplayer the game is a gem.
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:40
Regular
Basically what Pro Evo said.

This game doesnt feel like a next-gen game. I'm selling my copy as soon as i find a buyer. This is my biggest dissapointment on the PS2 so far. This game had amazing hype aorund it, but fell short by miles.
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think its pretty good - Although I actually prefer Smackdown 2 which you can probably pick up for under £20 now!!
Im slightly disappointed as it didnt match the expectations surrounding it, its far to short and out of date before it was even released!!
Still its great against mates!!
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:53
Regular
"  "
Pro Evo wrote:
> Its what of those games that its good to have, and its not. Graphics wise you
> really cant fault the game, it plays and runs smoothly and never really
> glitches. The wrestlers all look good and like there real life counter parts,
> they all have the same moves as they do on TV, with all the same taunts and all
> the entrances which look great and add the feel to the game. The ring too is
> large, you have the usual ring which you are able to get out, you can also run
> up the ramp, into the crowd, and in some matched back stage.

But thats what
> the game has aimed for, to look pretty. The season mode is rubbish, it ends as
> soon as your character wins a belt. The aim they were looking for was to get all
> the items you have to finish it with every character, and while that makes
> sence, its boring. Everytime the story line is much the same, with only a few
> different ones to pick through, and playing through the 40+ characters is n a
> tough job, that you will soon give up on. There is not enough depth.

Where
> the game excells though is multiplayer. Its great to fight a mate, or if you
> have a multitap, 3-4 mates. There is nothing more fun than 3 of you ganging up
> on the poor chap left. There are loads of different types of matched to pick so
> this will last you a while in this area.

In the end its up to you whether you
> get it, but if you do, dont expect it to last all that long on 1 player, but
> with multiplayer the game is a gem.

guesse what...i don't like it.....its just like FIFA...improved in the departments that don't matter....not improved in the departments that do (Gameplay especially)
Sun 09/12/01 at 13:08
Regular
Natbuc wrote:

guesse
> what...i don't like it.....its just like FIFA...improved in the departments that
> don't matter....not improved in the departments that do (Gameplay especially)

I dont think the gameplay elements of the game are that bad. Its stilll pritty fun the play with agaisnt a mate, but the story mode was supposed to offer so much more than it did.
Sun 09/12/01 at 17:47
Regular
"  "
the control was very shoddy
Sun 09/12/01 at 18:00
Looks pretty, plays extremely badly. Dont get it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.