GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gold Gamecube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/12/01 at 14:35
Regular
Make of it as you wish, but while I was looking at some Gamecubes I spotted this screen-shot.

http://www.gamespot.co.uk/stories/screens/0,2160,2095318-19,00.html

What do you think?
Sun 09/12/01 at 13:17
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I think that ranks as the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

I was going to make some pathetic reply involving the words "face", "mirror" and "your".

But then thought better of it.
Sun 09/12/01 at 13:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
Badgerman wrote:
> Make of it as you wish, but while I was looking at some Gamecubes I spotted this
> screen-shot.
>

http://www.gamespot.co.uk/stories/screens/0,2160,2095318-19,00.html

What
> do you think?

That will sell so well in Japan.
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Digging!"
1) i have know about this for years
2) it plays dvds as well as gamecube games
3) it looks cool
4) its made by panasonic

there are all the facts you need to know about it.
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
TomUK wrote:
Besides its a home games console, not a handheld. If
> it is going to be on a shelf under the TV, they don't need to worry about
> size.

Mmmmm.... X-Box?
Sun 09/12/01 at 00:06
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Mystique wrote:

its called a "display case"

Oh very sorry. :-D
Sat 08/12/01 at 23:37
Regular
GasMask wrote:
> I wonder why they had that glass case around it. Hmm I wonder :o)

its called a "display case"
Sat 08/12/01 at 23:35
Regular
oooo an easy bake oven!
Sat 08/12/01 at 22:44
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The main reason for the PS2 expansion bay is the hard drive. The GC does not expect to have a hard drive, thats why they didn't leave the space, but if the PS2 is going to have one, sony can't just not leave space for it. I agree that not many people will use it for a hard disk, but it has to be there for the people who will use it.

Besides its a home games console, not a handheld. If it is going to be on a shelf under the TV, they don't need to worry about size.

BTW, has anyone seen the LCD screen for the GC? This might just temp me to go out and buy one. I love the LCD screen for the PSone, and I would like the idea of even better graphics in the car. Have to see how much it costs.
Sat 08/12/01 at 22:43
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I wonder why they had that glass case around it. Hmm I wonder :o)
Sat 08/12/01 at 22:35
I believe that the PS2 has a few major faults in design....

It's not symmetrical in shape. Basically, it slopes.

It's got a large expansion port. Ok, that's good for the reason it's there....expansion. However, the GameCube's got 2 expansion slots for Modems and that's primarily what gamers are going to use that slot for on the PS2. That large port makes the PS2 larger than it need be.

Panasonic's GameCube isn't perfect either. However, it all depends on your own opinions of style. To me, the Q-cube looks kinda retro, but of course it's got lots of power.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.