GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Green Day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/12/01 at 21:13
Regular
Green Day was part of the California punk scene.
Green Day are meant to be bringing out a new single soon. It is meant to be really good so I am looking forwards to seeing the style of it and to see the responses from other Green Day fans.

I think that at the moment Green Day have gone a bit "Poo" (thought it was a much cleaner word then sh(t), but hopefully they will get themselves together!

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.
Sat 08/12/01 at 16:26
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
maybe we should contact GD and Rancid and find out!
Sat 08/12/01 at 11:04
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Sibs wrote:
> misterhappy wrote:
> But if you know more Misterhappy, then please enlighten > me.

I read it in a reputable music magazine... but they could have been wrong.. I don't know :-)
Fri 07/12/01 at 23:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Oh and I think GD have changed their sound, but they still have not 'sold out' because they are naturally progressing as a band, not being forced to by a record company. And the songwriting ability is still there, they are just playing a slightly different style, but the songwriting and lyrics ARE just as good still.
Fri 07/12/01 at 23:43
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
misterhappy wrote:
> You only missed one thing out (of the family section)- Tim Armstrong is Billie's
> brother. He's the singer in Rancid, who are punk in the Sex pistols sense of
> punk.

Don't think that is right. I asked a guy who runs a GreenDay website if Tim 'Lint' Armstrong is Billie Joe Armstrongs brother and the answer was 'NO'. Billie Joe does know Tim Armstrong, because before Rancid Tim was in Operation Ivy (amazing Ska Punk of the late 80's) and Billie Joe went to some Op Ivy shows and got to know him. So they know each other, but despite the name I have been told they are not related.

But if you know more Misterhappy, then please enlighten me.
Fri 07/12/01 at 22:35
"Uzi Lover"
ah well, i just started on guitar, im getting somewhere (hopefully)and doing it all on my own and help from mates.
Fri 07/12/01 at 22:26
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I cannot sing at all, and my music knowledge extends to grade six clarinet.
Fri 07/12/01 at 22:18
"Uzi Lover"
Ah i use KaZaa, so misterhappy tell me - do you play any instrument? or sing?
Fri 07/12/01 at 22:13
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Audiogalaxy is currently refusing to reconnect me so I might be a while..

It's being very annoying. I have 2 songs at 50% and I need to hear the other 50%
Fri 07/12/01 at 22:10
"Uzi Lover"
misterhappy wrote:
> I have eclectic music taste. like everything from shouty metal to acoustic
> loveliness.

I'm downloading #1 defender
> and in the aisle at the moment then I'm gonna get the Thursday song.

Sounds like what I like hehe :-)

Yes Thursday need to be downloaded! In The Aisle is from Tin Can's With Strings To You, their more post-hardcore album. Their last album is more emo.

#1 Defender is a slow emo song, its very nice.

Anyway, tell em what you think and if you like investigate more
Fri 07/12/01 at 22:05
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I have eclectic music taste. like everything from shouty metal to acoustic loveliness.

But I hate bands like Staind, etc

I'm downloading #1 defender and in the aisle at the moment then I'm gonna get the Thursday song.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.