GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES2 - Tackeling"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro evolution soccer 2'.
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
Every time I seem to go for the ball, I either get sent off or, get booked. Is it all about timing? Has anyone got any tips for me as on 4 stars you get thrashed with 10 men.

Thanks.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:51
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
The other, standing tackle is much more effective, but most of the time hammering sprint and running ahead of the attacker into the ball can win it.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:17
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Indeed, it's all about timing.

Try to keep up with the player and don't slide in on him straight away, otherwise he'll turn and you will inevitably foul him.

Make it difficult for the player to get past you, he will twist and turn to get free of you but this will slow him down, then slide in when you think you think you wil be able to nick the ball from under him.

The other way of doing it is run at him diagonally and slide in when your parallel with the attacker and 9/10 you will get the ball.

Just depends on the situation really.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:03
Regular
"Bobba you"
Mr No Name wrote:
> two tips:
>
> 1. use a spell checker
> 2. look on gamefaqs.com - they should have lots of info

How about you shut the up.

And El Blokey, cheers for the advice.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:00
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I hardly ever slide tackle unless I am facing the ball. Tackling from behind the ball will always end in a free kick, your best bet is sliding in head on or straight from the side.
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
two tips:

1. use a spell checker
2. look on gamefaqs.com - they should have lots of info
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
"Bobba you"
Every time I seem to go for the ball, I either get sent off or, get booked. Is it all about timing? Has anyone got any tips for me as on 4 stars you get thrashed with 10 men.

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.