GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PES2 - Tackeling"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro evolution soccer 2'.
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:32
Regular
Every time I seem to go for the ball, I either get sent off or, get booked. Is it all about timing? Has anyone got any tips for me as on 4 stars you get thrashed with 10 men.

Thanks.
Fri 28/03/03 at 22:14
Regular
Square makes a team mate pressure him like X does. If you hold both X and square together then the player your controlling and another will tackle the attacker.
Fri 28/03/03 at 17:57
Regular
I always use the X tackle, unless the person is head on running at me, because then you can take the ball away cleanly. Or, if they just took it past my keeper and are about to score, I slide in to take them down and see if I can save the penalty.
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:16
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
No idea.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:49
Regular
"  "
Ah, many apologies to you then! Didn't actually know that. :)

If you press them both at the same time do you tackle harder? Like when you push X down harder it makes your player go in harder...
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:45
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Yes. Square and X do the same thing off the ball though, so you could use X.

Try and outsmart me, will ya?!
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
"  "
El Blokey wrote:
> Square.

Eh? Erm? Err? You sure about that... :)

And I always slide tackle when the opposing player knocks th ball ahead, and not when he has it in close control.
Thu 27/03/03 at 18:12
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I always use 'X' to tackle.

If you keep hold of it, the player automatically pressures the person he's trying to tackle, but hold it too long and from behind and the ref blows for a foul 8/10 times.
So instead, what you need to do is anticipate the direction of the opponent's next move and intercept it either by simply running into the ball, or pressing 'X'.

Sliding tackles using 'O' demand better timing, so what you should do is to once again anticipate the player's next move and slide slightly before.

It's all in the anticipation.
Thu 27/03/03 at 18:03
Regular
"Bobba you"
Cheers, I really should of knew myself, but i've not been playing it as much.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:59
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Square.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:55
Regular
"Bobba you"
What do you press to do the standing tackle?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.