GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic not so Mega Collection"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Sonic Mega Collection'.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:07
Regular
Is it me and my gooberness or can't you save your progress?
Wed 02/04/03 at 19:21
"Uzi Lover"
RM18 wrote:
newly formed Sega of Europe have big plans for the
> Sonic franchise, hoping to make it as big as Pokemon in its heyday.

Yep, made a topic about that in the Sega forum.

Though, it's undiscovered.
Wed 02/04/03 at 19:08
Regular
As long as it isn't that stupid Sonic Underground in the future thing.

That was rubbish.
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:38
Regular
At work I was reading in one of the industry mags (which is mostly crap btw) that the newly formed Sega of Europe have big plans for the Sonic franchise, hoping to make it as big as Pokemon in its heyday.

And, that includes a new cartoon series, so look out for that!
Wed 02/04/03 at 12:19
Regular
I got that a couple months ago but haven't actually had the time to get into it yet. I must give it a proper go sometime.
Tue 01/04/03 at 17:47
Regular
Ahh Ecco.
Tue 01/04/03 at 16:09
Regular
"DS..."
I remember years ago when I saved up for Ecco the Dolphin and got it on import, must have been one of the first games that i REALLY saved up for, by really i mean saving up "pocket money" e.g couple pounds a week, got it eventually from the Games Exchange (now deceased :( ) about a week or so after they had it on american Import, and i spent hours and hours playing that game right to the end, a true classic, ah those were the days.... *has flashbacks of days gone by*

slik ~_~
Tue 01/04/03 at 14:53
Regular
That's unusual...but my Tazmania game works fine, and that be a Genesis cart on a UK MegaDrive.
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:27
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Edgy wrote:
> Syphonical wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> Nope, Sonic R wasn't on the MegaDrive, and so isn't included in the
> (coincidentally ) named MEGA Collection.
>
> It's very unlikely it was called mega collection because it was on
> the
> mega drive, think about it.
>
> The mega drive was called the genesis in america, and the game was
> called mega collection there too.
>
> But MegaDrive cartridges worked fine on a Genesis, as did Genesis
> cartridges on a MegaDrive.
>
> I would be suprised if Genesis fans in the states didn't know this...

Erm. Thas not exactly accurate. I had a Megadrive and three of the BIG NEW titles around about '92, '93 had "lock out" chips. Streets of Rage 2 and Mickey Mouse and Donal Duck Land of Illusion did not work.

I should know - it broke my heart. My mum got them for me from the states and being a wee lad, the postage took forever and I ripped the packaging open and setup my Megadrive and had everything just so on a friday night and...they didn't work.

:~o(
Tue 01/04/03 at 12:09
Regular
Syphonical wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> Nope, Sonic R wasn't on the MegaDrive, and so isn't included in the
> (coincidentally ) named MEGA Collection.
>
> It's very unlikely it was called mega collection because it was on the
> mega drive, think about it.
>
> The mega drive was called the genesis in america, and the game was
> called mega collection there too.

But MegaDrive cartridges worked fine on a Genesis, as did Genesis cartridges on a MegaDrive.

I would be suprised if Genesis fans in the states didn't know this...
Sun 30/03/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Yeah, I remember there were two series of Sonic Cartoons. The second lot (the darker series that had a more futuristic feel) was the better. Also, anyone remember Sonic the Comic...? I might actually still have some old copies of that...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.