GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enter The Matrix"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:34
Regular
Foreword: Enter The Matrix is a multiformat release and it isn't out yet therefore is it the 'future of gaming' - I bet El Blokey wont reply now! :-P

I have pre-ordered this game simply because it looks amazing and I am a bit of a Matrix buff. I was eagerly awaiting Reloaded and Revolutions later this year and the game (apparently) continues the storyline of the game instead of being a cheap movie license being given to a game.

The storyline of the game isn't being broadcast very much so I have very little information on it however I hope it doesn't let the movie and the entire Matrix name down because that would downgrade a brilliant idea and be a waste of a potentially good game. Also it will be a justified chance to use bullet time in a game!

Anyway if anyone has any details on the storyline or gameplay I would be pleased to hear them, feel free to discuss the game here too.
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Cyclone wrote:
> Reloaded finishes mid frame, and then Revolution kicks off after
> that.

You mean the film stops in the middle? Grr I plan on being irritated!
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Kyz22 wrote:
> So, good then?

'Its a masterful piece of sci fi, with brilliant fights'

Or summat.

What you think?
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Reloaded finishes mid frame, and then Revolution kicks off after that.

6 months later.

Joy!

The game looks good-ish.
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
So, good then?
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:20
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Sylphetic wrote:
> Oh...The Matrix again. I don't get the entire thing about it, it's
> just a guy in a trench coat jumping around in slow motion. Prove me
> wrong, please.

It's a masterful piece of sci-fi with brilliant fight scenes. It's also full of philosophical 'in-jokes', with even stuff like the ship's name having a purpose.
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
pop
Fri 28/03/03 at 10:07
"For the horde!!!!"
Why? wrote:
> The game should be one of the best movie-game conversions

If your right this will be a great game because Goldeneye as that status at the moment.
Fri 28/03/03 at 05:32
Regular
"Bicycle"
Oh...The Matrix again. I don't get the entire thing about it, it's just a guy in a trench coat jumping around in slow motion. Prove me wrong, please.

Personally, the only films I get hyped up about are ones that I've seen, or have heard incredibly praising reviews from everywhere. Not saying the Matrix didn't get good reviews, it's just... Not too good in my opinion. The game sounds pretty cool... A mixture between Max Payne and umm... Oni?
Thu 27/03/03 at 23:04
I heard that the story takes place over 72 hours and that they didn't want the public to forget information so they were releasing the movie closer than normal. November was the date I heard, but dont quote me on it (Clazon).
Thu 27/03/03 at 23:02
"period drama"
I thought they weren't puting the 3rd one out until next year sometime....
Oh well, lucky old me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.