GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Enter The Matrix"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Enter the Matrix'.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:34
Regular
Foreword: Enter The Matrix is a multiformat release and it isn't out yet therefore is it the 'future of gaming' - I bet El Blokey wont reply now! :-P

I have pre-ordered this game simply because it looks amazing and I am a bit of a Matrix buff. I was eagerly awaiting Reloaded and Revolutions later this year and the game (apparently) continues the storyline of the game instead of being a cheap movie license being given to a game.

The storyline of the game isn't being broadcast very much so I have very little information on it however I hope it doesn't let the movie and the entire Matrix name down because that would downgrade a brilliant idea and be a waste of a potentially good game. Also it will be a justified chance to use bullet time in a game!

Anyway if anyone has any details on the storyline or gameplay I would be pleased to hear them, feel free to discuss the game here too.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:34
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Foreword: Enter The Matrix is a multiformat release and it isn't out yet therefore is it the 'future of gaming' - I bet El Blokey wont reply now! :-P

I have pre-ordered this game simply because it looks amazing and I am a bit of a Matrix buff. I was eagerly awaiting Reloaded and Revolutions later this year and the game (apparently) continues the storyline of the game instead of being a cheap movie license being given to a game.

The storyline of the game isn't being broadcast very much so I have very little information on it however I hope it doesn't let the movie and the entire Matrix name down because that would downgrade a brilliant idea and be a waste of a potentially good game. Also it will be a justified chance to use bullet time in a game!

Anyway if anyone has any details on the storyline or gameplay I would be pleased to hear them, feel free to discuss the game here too.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:38
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
My anticipation for this game is high too! Like you though, I don't know too much about it other than what was in Play last month. It seems a lot of effort is going into this game, what I am afraid of though is that the hype may take the edge of the game when it eventually does get released. Theres always a risk of disappointment when big games are hyped in the way Enter the Matrix is and will be.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:40
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Hype ruins games, movies and even CD's because people's standards are pushed and when the thing is question is only 'quite good' - people don't want to know.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:43
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Bloody clever you are...

Anything being so closely scrutinized by the film makers themselves will have to be up to some standard, and I hear that the brothers behind the Matrx are big game fans so it should be quite decent.
Thu 27/03/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Oh yeah I heard that the brothers who wrote/directed the movie are supervising the whole thing. Hopefully this will be a saving grace for the game, unless Hollywood has turned them into money-craving fat-cats like Michael Douglass.
Thu 27/03/03 at 21:46
Isnt the film the matrix 2 comming out soon, that will be good...
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:11
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yup, this summer i believe.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:33
Regular
"That's right!"
Assuming they get it done on time, the game and the film are coming out on the same day.

Oh, and by the way, the PC Zone preview of the game wasn't too praising, and the graphics aren't anything special. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:55
"period drama"
It'll probably be alright, but nothing too special.
Apprently the fights are not bad, but the other sections need some serious work on them.

I'm not sure, but I won't hold my breath.
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:58
The game was writen by the Wachowski brothers and explains more of the story represented in the two films.
Reloaded is released I think on the 23-05 but advanced previews start on the 15-05 (the release date for the game). Revolution is then released some time in November, so I've heard...

The game should be one of the best movie-game conversions and I hope, along with most Matrix fans, that the game lives up to the hype placed on its shoulders. Combat videos I've seen are quite good, with the bullet time being better than shoddy Max Payne. As for the car chase bit, I saw Ghost driving and Niobe shooting out the roof, interesting, hope it works...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.