GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Flash 5, and where macromedia can shove it"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/12/01 at 15:19
Regular
With the renewed general interest from getting into some html, i went back to my trial version of flash 5, and seeing there were only 9 of the 30 free days left, i went to take a look at buying options.

Now, i guess i was probably pretty naive, but i'd figured it was a nice program, would be pretty easy to learn enough of the ins and outs of it to make movie files, and possibly games at some stage in the future (though that wasn't too important). So, i figured i'd be happy enough to pay 35 or 40 pounds for it, maybe 50 if i knew for certain i could get the programs to run on a web site.

400 dollars!
I nearly fell off my chair. Sure, for industry some programs could be justified in high prices, but what about normal users - that's over twice what my flippin' pc cost me!

Okay, i see the promise of educational discounts for students. The international sales link was broken, so i took a look at the american one. Still $150. Gah.

As i said before, maybe it was novice's naivety expecting it to be affordable, but even if i could get a student price for the uk, at equivalent to the american cost, it'd still be vastly out of my price range.

And the internet was supposed to be open to everyone?

So what can i do? There's no way i could do everything i'd need to in the next 9 days (cursing myself for wasting so much time not using it), so i guess i see if by some loophole i could get the trial version again, and if so, i could actually use what i created on a site.
But i doubt that'll be happening. Ah well, at least i know to give up now, rather than in 9 days of work's time
: S
Thu 13/12/01 at 00:15
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
It's a great point, and the reason why so many people use Pirate software.
Thu 13/12/01 at 00:15
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
It's a great point, and the reason why so many people not use Pirate software.
Wed 12/12/01 at 13:29
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Ha ha ha very funny.
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:27
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it's the truth though.
Tue 11/12/01 at 13:57
Regular
""
Change the record TN. Bored with that one, it keeps sticking.
Tue 11/12/01 at 13:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
No, Flash really isn't expensive and their prices aren't high. If you want decent Windows software then you're going to have to pay for it - fact. If you want better free software (in some people's opinions) then get linux.
Tue 11/12/01 at 09:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think Macromedia have put their software at such high prices because it's being copied so much, anyway, if you can buy the licence or cd for cheaper then thats a good thing, the good thing about that is you can get the upgrades straight off macromedia's site, also if a new piece of flashsoftware comes out e.g. Flash 6, then your more than likely to get that for free. Which is nice.
Tue 11/12/01 at 08:34
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Whinging about software prices!! Shame on you...
UK price: £269, now that isn't all that bad if yout hink that other software like Photoshop and Illustrator can cost up to £400+, Then theres Quark Express... £700!! And if you wanted to die suddenly... try Maya @ £2000+ for a single licence!! (BTW I do actually own these LEGALLY!!!)

Flash is cheap, especially for something that's cornered the market and it's only rival being SVG from Adobe!! Its a powerfull tool... in fact, very powerful tool indeed and justifies it's tag of £269.

On another note, I would strongly suggest that peole refrain from promoting the use of "cracked" software and where to obtain such information. It's fairly obvious from some of you in here that most of you are running some form of "illegal" software from previous posts and as well as not being something you should really go shouting about, you should also avoid giving out URLs on this site as you risk incriminating the owner of any URL's mentioned!!

Software Piracy is taken very seriously by the manufacturers and I know of one case form a couple of years agao that had a firm shut down by AutoDesk as well as fined around £500,000!! (The firm was running 10 non licenced versions of Autocad which should have cost them around £12000 each!! Instead, they chose to run them illegally!!)

Anyway...

Stop whinging... £269 isn't bad at all and future upgrades will only cost you £99... Don;t be tight... go and buy it!!
Mon 10/12/01 at 01:44
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
there is a crack but i can't really tell you where to get it as it's to risky try a search engine and do a search for one.

hope that don't get me in trouble

oh the crack gets rid of the time limit in case you didn't know :)
Sat 08/12/01 at 23:02
Regular
Is unlocking the trial version done with getting a licence, so i don't need to buy anything else?

(Financially, getting the whole set isn't really possible right now).

-Reading that again, i don't know if it's that clear -
If I buy a licence, will i be able to unlock the trial version to run like the full product?
(Ie, i only need to buy a licence to use flash)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.