GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What,s the best game ever-for any console!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/03/03 at 07:07
Regular
The reason i,m doing thiis chat is because i have to draw up a graph on peoples fav games and write a 3 page essay on it so i need as many replies as possible!
Sun 13/04/03 at 10:57
Regular
Chuckie Egg on GBA
Mon 07/04/03 at 21:47
Regular
"A.K.A QAWSEDRFTGYH"
its a real hard question.

Ps2-GTA VICE CITY
GameCube-Metroid Prime
Xbox-Halo

Out of the three Gta Vice city Metroid Prime and Halo are the best:)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Mon 07/04/03 at 10:35
"griever"
metroid prime, fusion
Sat 05/04/03 at 11:35
Regular
Kingdom hearts was ok, but if you ask me it just went downhill after the aladin level. The final boss was crap, but the special ending was nice, nice to see their will be a sequal.

talking about best games, how about devil may cry, playing the sequal has made me realise just how good the original was.
Sat 05/04/03 at 11:31
Regular
i liked alex kid alot aswell, i can't remember which one i had but it was built in to my system, the motor bike levels were great, actually, all the levels were great, this is going back abit for me, i was only 5 at the time.
Fri 04/04/03 at 22:59
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Also Rainbow Island was great fun.
Fri 04/04/03 at 22:47
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
The best game I've ever played was Kingdom Hearts. I love that game. It's easy to get into, not too taxing on the old grey matter, and it looks great.

Second to that would be, for some strange unexplainable unreason, Alex Kidd on the Master System.
Fri 04/04/03 at 22:02
Regular
ummmmm, it is a very hard question, but with most of the churned out crap we get today it should be easier to look to the past.

maybe super mario bros 3, it was the perfect mario game.
or
Secret of Mana, maybe the ultimate RPG, or at least one of my favorites,

Grandia 1 was extreamly good, but then their are games like FF7 and FF10 which surpass it in everyway, well maybe except for cheekyness.
Fri 04/04/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Pal88 wrote:
> Flying pig
> My point is that no one can really say what the best game in the
> world is as it is impossible, am i right????

Absolutely! While there are many games out there that most would consider to be excellent - just look at the FF thread on this forum - but ultimately an individuals choice of the 'best game ever' is exactly that; individual opinion.

I would consider many great games; Elite, Gran Turismo, Command & Conquer and more recently the likes of GTA3, Advance Wars and Jak & Daxter. But would I consider any of these to be the best game ever?

Possibly not. With all my efforts to play as many games as possible, there are literally thousands which I have never experienced. How can I comment?

It comes down to this: Of all the games I have played, over the last 10 or so years, which would I consider to be the most significant, most influential and most importantly most enjoyable game. I cannot exclude all others - it's possible I haven't played them, but in my opinion my favourite game of all time is:

Gran Turismo

*waits for the abuse*
Thu 03/04/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
GT3 - replay value is immense, I reckon have had well over 1000 of hours enjoyment for my £35

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.