GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ooo I feel all giddy!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario 64'.
Fri 28/03/03 at 09:37
Regular
The true sequel to Mario 64 is going to be released by the end of the year. Well in Japan and the States no doubts. We'll probably get it next Easter! :(

But "OOOooooo!"

New Mario game that has been in development for over three years! Hopefully without a backpack. Was a nice/different touch the pack, but I want good ol' Mario action back!

CAN'T WAIT!

:D
Fri 28/03/03 at 16:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Solskjær wrote:
> A true sequel to Mario 64...? Where did you hear this?!?!
>
> I've heard nothing about a new Mario game - other than that of the
> project currently titled as "Mario 128", which has
> apparently been in development for 3 years, already.
>

Thats whait it is.

2+2 usualy = 4.
Fri 28/03/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> I loved the parts of SMS without the backpack, it proved that you can
> do proper jump-around platforming in 3D.
>
> So we'll see what thy can do with a whole games worth of unaided
> jumping platfrom action.

I said exactly the same thing to my brother only this morning.
Whilst the FLUDD thing was good, it was a little too gimmicky for me, I much prefered the backpack-less sections. Hopefully Mario 128 will do away with any gimmicky things and "keep it real" with simple platforming.
Fri 28/03/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
No one else picked up on the huge cop out that is "the true Mario 64 sequel"? Was that not exactly how Mario Sunshine was touted to us durring development? Then it does quite hit the legendary status Mario 64 did so Ninty disown it. "Oh, we weren't really trying with that one."

A sequel to Mario 64 was in development for the N64, so of course there's been SOMETHING in development for a while. Mario 128, the original tech demo, must have been done around three years ago. However, now it is "the true Mario 64 sequel". Right... not just giving yourself a second shot at it then?
Fri 28/03/03 at 12:21
Regular
Things I'd ike to see in the next Mario game:

'?' blocks complete with mushrooms, fireflowers, invincibility stars and maybe even the leaf/feather.
Goombas
Koopa Troopas...but this time...make them evil again!
The whole Koopa family (Iggy, Bowser, etc)

And I'd like it to stay true to the Super Mario Bros/World series...although in full 3D (if that is possible).

True, Super Mario Sunshine was great...but it did disappoint me a little...
Fri 28/03/03 at 12:18
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ahhhh it's going to be everything I wanted Sunshine to be.

I remember saying that Sunshine can't be a proper sequel in one of the many threads on it. Ha, ha how right I was :)

And best of all...... SNOW LEVELS!!
Fri 28/03/03 at 10:44
Regular
"not dead"
I loved the parts of SMS without the backpack, it proved that you can do proper jump-around platforming in 3D.

So we'll see what thy can do with a whole games worth of unaided jumping platfrom action.
Fri 28/03/03 at 10:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
A true sequel to Mario 64...? Where did you hear this?!?!

I've heard nothing about a new Mario game - other than that of the project currently titled as "Mario 128", which has apparently been in development for 3 years, already.

Great news, though (if it's true)...!
And yes, I'm sure the proper sequel to Mario 64 will be "backpack-less".
Fri 28/03/03 at 09:37
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
The true sequel to Mario 64 is going to be released by the end of the year. Well in Japan and the States no doubts. We'll probably get it next Easter! :(

But "OOOooooo!"

New Mario game that has been in development for over three years! Hopefully without a backpack. Was a nice/different touch the pack, but I want good ol' Mario action back!

CAN'T WAIT!

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.