GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Film of 2010"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/12/10 at 21:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I was going to do a series of threads like this, covering film, music, TV and games but as I've not actually watched much TV, heard much music or played many games, I'll leave that to someone else. Anyway

What's your nomination for Best Film of 2010?

Suggestions here, though not a complete list Films of 2010

The only rule is the film has to have had it's UK released in 2010 according to the IMDB
Thu 30/12/10 at 13:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
pete_21 wrote:
Chris,you seriously reckon that Avatar is the film of any year ?!?! :S

The graphics alone were incredible. To think most of it was CGI, it just puts it in it's own class.
Thu 30/12/10 at 08:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Chris,you seriously reckon that Avatar is the film of any year ?!?! :S

Regarding Scott Pilgrim I thought it was OK,second half was definitely better than the first.I didn't dislike it,it's just that I did not love it as much as thought I would do (if that makes any sense at all).Don't think I'd bother watching it again.
Wed 29/12/10 at 22:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Butch wrote:
You also cannot ignore Dogtooth which, while exceptionally weird, was a very good watch.

I've been meaning to watch it for 6 months, it's been on TV twice and I've missed it both times. It's on my Lovefilm list now.

Scott Pilgrim definitely loses something on repeat viewing.
Wed 29/12/10 at 18:19
Regular
"How Ironic"
I enjoyed Inception, but I would not rate it amongst the greats. It's a good film, but nothing more. I know it's from the end of 2009, but I only recently saw Avatar. That's my personal film of 2010 :P
Wed 29/12/10 at 12:43
Regular
"I like turtles"
I liked Hot Tub Time Machine as well but thought The Expendables was crap.The Town and Triangle were both highlights of the year for me along with How To Train Your Dragon (which I thought was great).Guilty pleasures of 2010 were Piranha and Ninja Assassin and biggest letdown was Cop Out.I think Kevin Smith has forgotten how to make good films these days :(
Wed 29/12/10 at 09:36
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Alfonse wrote:
Inception is definitely the most overhyped piece of garbage ever.

QFT.

Film of 2010 for me was definitely Scott Pilgrim, although I did really enjoy Hot Tub Time Machine (more so than I probably should have done) and The Expendables.

You also cannot ignore Dogtooth which, while exceptionally weird, was a very good watch.
Thu 23/12/10 at 15:50
Regular
Inception is definitely the most overhyped piece of garbage ever.
Wed 22/12/10 at 23:03
Regular
"Monochromatic"
So far I'm still waiting to see Inception, Kick-Ass and Toy Story 3. There have been some films I've quite liked, such as (surprisingly) The Blind Side, The Crazies, The Hurt Locker, Youth In Revolt.

Currently I'm veering between Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, Precious and A Single Man.

* Nin thinks for 5 minutes *

Err, impossible choice. I think purely for doing something new and actually making going to the cinema preferable to watching online, I'm going with

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Wed 22/12/10 at 22:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
I'm going to vote for the film which I enjoyed the most and that would have to be Kick Ass,with Toy Story 3 coming a very close second.
Wed 22/12/10 at 22:14
Regular
A Serbian Film.

For casually pushing my sexual boundaries.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.